University of Iowa senior linebacker Josey Jewell has been named to the 2017 Bronko Nagurski Trophy Watch List.
Entering his final season as a Rebel, Ole Miss senior defensive lineman Marquis Haynes found his name on the watch list for the Bronko Nagurski Trophy announced Thursday morning.
College football award watch list season is in full swing, meaning it's time to start taking a look at the contenders for a few of the more prestigious trophies in the sport.
The list includes 30 defensive backs, 29 linebackers, 25 defensive ends and 19 defensive tackles.
Wingard was 22nd in tackles nationally a year ago, averaging 9.4 per game, and was 26th in solo tackles with 5.4 per game. He led the team with 94 tackles and four sacks.
In 2016, Wilkins was named a first-team All-American by the AFCA, Football Writers Association and Phil Steele. The Dallas native played in each of the Bobcats' 12 games last season, joining the TXST starting offensive line at left guard in the second game at No. 24 Arkansas. 103 players have been named to the list and the ACC leads with 20 players.
Askew-Henry started all 26 games during his first two seasons before sustaining a season-ending knee injury prior to the 2016 season.
Through next Friday, the NCAA will publish preseason watch lists for 16 different awards spanning just about every position on the field. The victor of the 72nd Outland Trophy will be announced as part of the Home Depot College Football Awards Show on December 7.
Interior linemen on offense or defense only are eligible for the award. Committee members, by individual ballot, select the victor. Six days later, the FWAA will announce the three Outland Trophy finalists. With so many elite defenders returning to college football for 2017, it'll be tough for voters to pick just one victor. For the third straight year, the show will air from the National Football Foundation's College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta.
- NY Trooper Shot And Killed In Jefferson County
- If you use Verizon, change your pin. Right. Now
- Kid Rock for Senate? He Says It's Real!
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Mayweather Not Offended by McGregor's 'Boy' Comment But "Racism Still Exists"
- Wonder Woman May Be Set in the 80s, Bring Chris Pine Back
- What time is Andy Murray on TV at Wimbledon?
- Massive iceberg breaks away from Antarctica's Larsen C ice shelf
- USA police search Pennsylvania farmland for four missing men
- Psy's Gangnam Style loses position as YouTube's most played video