Turkey slams US, EU At the same meeting, Yıldırım slammed the United States and some European countries, which did not allow events to commemorate the July 15 coup attempt, accusing them of practicing double standards when it comes to human rights in Turkey compared to their respective countries.
Speaking to the worldwide media in Ankara yesterday as part of the Turkish government's one year commemoration of successfully stemming the coup attempt, Fatma said some of the reports appeared to have an agenda against Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan by portraying it as a mere clash between the president and his opponents.
Police also detained another man, identified as Fetullah Karabiber, who was found in Avci's house and was already wanted by authorities, it said. Last April, the country's authoritarian leader further consolidated his power through a constitutional referendum.
However, it garnered awful reviews and made only paltry box office takings.
Erdogan insisted that "only two" of these supposed journalists behind bars are valid press card holders.
Speaking at an event organized for foreign capital investors in Ankara, Erdogan said: "Although we apply it on a very limited field, it is possible to lift the state of emergency in the future, which is not very far". After the threats against the state go away and the fight against terrorism is over, the state of emergency will be canceled.
Green Party MP Carl Schlyter has said: "If [Erdogan] is hindered from roaming around in Europe and influencing European countries the way he wants, then I hope that this will affect his politics". "We are asked when the state of emergency will be cancelled in the country".
In the USA, the Washington D.C. metropolitan area subway management did not permit posters condemning the coup attempt to be hung.
Stating that each nation has major turning points in their history, Celik said Turkey has gone through several hard phases throughout its almost 100-year history since being founded as a republic in 1923.
- 'Batman' director reveals he scrapped Ben Affleck's script for movie
- If you use Verizon, change your pin. Right. Now
- China bears 'heavy responsibility' for Liu death: Nobel
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Kid Rock for Senate? He Says It's Real!
- Massive iceberg breaks away from Antarctica's Larsen C ice shelf
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Oil, lumber companies mobilize to protect pipelines, mills from BC wildfires
- Psy's Gangnam Style loses position as YouTube's most played video
- Mayweather Not Offended by McGregor's 'Boy' Comment But "Racism Still Exists"