As for the film's diverse cast, DuVernay told the assemblage of fans that she wanted the cast the film with people "that looked like you, that looked like the real world".
Disney's bi-annual D23 Expo is now taking place in Anaheim, California, where the studio is offering sneak peeks at its Marvel Cinematic Universe and Star Wars films.
A Wrinkle in Time is a story of a little girl called Meg Murry played by Storm Reid (best known for 12 Years a Slave).
Also starring Chris Pine, Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Zach Galifianakis, it delves into the harrowing extra-dimensional adventures of Meg, her classmate Cal and brother Charles Wallace. But, she admitted that when she heard who her co-stars would be and the make-up and costumes she'd get to wear, she said yes in a heartbeat.
After debuting it at the D23 Expo, Disney dropped the teaser trailer for "A Wrinkle in Time". And as the trailer showcases, DuVernay's impeccable direction brings the novel to life with aplomb. Who, Mrs. Which, and Mrs. Whatsit (played by Kaling, Winfrey, and Witherspoon, respectively).
Oprah Winfrey as Mrs.
A Wrinkle In Time is due to be released in cinemas on March 23 2018.
- India vs New Zealand Live Streaming & Scores, Women's World Cup 2017
- Oil, lumber companies mobilize to protect pipelines, mills from BC wildfires
- Chinese President Xi 'Could Do a Little Bit More' on North Korea
- If you use Verizon, change your pin. Right. Now
- India snubs China, says issues with Pakistan a bilateral matter
- Pennsylvania murders: Killer used pig roaster to burn bodies, official says
- Oil pares gains despite U.S. drawdowns as stocks still high
- NU's Gates named to Outland watch list
- What time is Andy Murray on TV at Wimbledon?
- Disney shoots off a sneak peak of Star Wars Land