How does the new Jasmine, Naomi Scott (R-pictured at the premiere of "Power Rangers" in Westwood, California on March 22, 2017) compare to the dual team of Linda Larkin (Center-pictured at the D23 Expo in Anaheim, California on July 14, 2017) and Lea Salonga (L-pictured at the Tony Awards in NY on June 11, 2017)?
Lion actor Dev Patel and Star Wars star Riz Ahmed were both rumored to be in contention for the role in Ritchie's take of the 1992 Disney animated classic. Now that they've got their three main roles sorted out, more details on the project should be headed our way soon.
It really will be a Whole New World for the rising star. Scott, on the other hand, is of Indian descent.
Massoud is a Canadian actor whose credits include the series "Jack Ryan", "Open Heart" and "Saving Hope".
Aladdin will begin shooting in August in London and the film has yet to cast the villainous Jafar, the squawking Iago, the monkey Abu, and the tiger Raja.
It was reported several days ago that Ritchie was struggling to find a lead actor for the film.
Will Smith will voice the Genie.
Jafar is the Royal Vizier of Agrabah who is bent on taking over the kingdom by exploiting Genie's magic.
The live-actionAladdin movie is set to start filming this summer and wrap filming in early 2018. Jonathan Eirich is executive producing. The retelling is expected to keep the musical elements from the animated version.
- India vs New Zealand Live Streaming & Scores, Women's World Cup 2017
- HighTower Advisors LLC Cuts Stake in Delta Air Lines, Inc. (DAL)
- Pennsylvania murders: Killer used pig roaster to burn bodies, official says
- First Western Capital Management Co Lowers Stake in Wells Fargo & Company
- Trump and Macron turn on the charm
- Mayweather Not Offended by McGregor's 'Boy' Comment But "Racism Still Exists"
- India snubs China, says issues with Pakistan a bilateral matter
- Disney shoots off a sneak peak of Star Wars Land
- Chinese President Xi 'Could Do a Little Bit More' on North Korea
- Beyoncé Reveals First Photo of Sir and Rumi Carter