Well, I hope this model shows that the Imagineers really embraced that challenge.
The lands are set on a remote planet that hasn't been seen before in Star Wars lore.
The model, unveiled just ahead of the everything-Disney D23 expo in Anaheim, is the first representation of the scope the themed area of the park.
Chapek went on to say that more exciting details about Star Wars Land will be announced during the Disney Parks and Resorts presentation on Saturday.
Star Wars might take place "in a galaxy far far away", but at least some if it is going to come a bit closer to home - in spectacular fashion.
The progress on the Star Wars-inspired lands was updated by the amusement park and resort giant earlier this year in March.
This weekend's D23 convention promises to be filled with loads of Disney news, but the Mouse House got things started last night with a virtual tour of its newStar Wars Land. Another ride puts guests in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance. "And your role inside of that will be defined by how you choose". Fans will be able to control the Millennium Falcon on a secret mission while another ride transports you to a fight between the First Order and the Resistance. The next Star Wars movie, The Last Jedi, comes to theaters on December 15.
If you squint hard enough at that opening in the rocks on the bottom right of the above photo, you'll notice the silhouette of human-shaped models, which hint at the scale of the land.
- San Francisco Mayor Joins Fight To Save Net Neutrality
- Beyoncé Reveals First Photo of Sir and Rumi Carter
- 'Batman' director reveals he scrapped Ben Affleck's script for movie
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- First Western Capital Management Co Lowers Stake in Wells Fargo & Company
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- HighTower Advisors LLC Cuts Stake in Delta Air Lines, Inc. (DAL)
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Kid Rock for Senate? He Says It's Real!