Well, I hope this model shows that the Imagineers really embraced that challenge.
The lands are set on a remote planet that hasn't been seen before in Star Wars lore.
The model, unveiled just ahead of the everything-Disney D23 expo in Anaheim, is the first representation of the scope the themed area of the park.
Chapek went on to say that more exciting details about Star Wars Land will be announced during the Disney Parks and Resorts presentation on Saturday.
Star Wars might take place "in a galaxy far far away", but at least some if it is going to come a bit closer to home - in spectacular fashion.
The progress on the Star Wars-inspired lands was updated by the amusement park and resort giant earlier this year in March.
This weekend's D23 convention promises to be filled with loads of Disney news, but the Mouse House got things started last night with a virtual tour of its newStar Wars Land. Another ride puts guests in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance. "And your role inside of that will be defined by how you choose". Fans will be able to control the Millennium Falcon on a secret mission while another ride transports you to a fight between the First Order and the Resistance. The next Star Wars movie, The Last Jedi, comes to theaters on December 15.
If you squint hard enough at that opening in the rocks on the bottom right of the above photo, you'll notice the silhouette of human-shaped models, which hint at the scale of the land.
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Oil pares gains despite U.S. drawdowns as stocks still high
- Pakistan Court Resumes Sharif 'Corruption' Hearings
- Beyoncé Reveals First Photo of Sir and Rumi Carter
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- San Francisco Mayor Joins Fight To Save Net Neutrality
- US Congress to allocate $1.6 billion for Trump Wall construction
- India snubs China, says issues with Pakistan a bilateral matter
- China's Feng extends lead at US Women's Open