The EC has allowed 14 Rajya Sabha members and 41 Lok Sabha members to vote in state legislative assemblies instead of the Parliament. "Arunachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Assam, Gujarat, Bihar, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Nagaland, Uttarakhand and Puducherry have recorded 100 per cent voting". The votes by 12 MLAs from the Congress and its allies were considered invalid because they had voted using personal pens and not the one that was officially provided by the poll staff.
MP from Sasaram Chedi Paswan didn't vote due to a Supreme Court order.
The legislators were provided special pens to cast their votes.
The three MPs of Tripura, two from Lok Sabha and one from Rajya Sabha cast their votes in the Parliament.
Additionally, 3,460 or 71 out of 4,852 MPs and MLAs broke down are multi-tycoons according to their self-sworn oaths submitted to the Election Commission at the season of selection for challenging decisions. Results will be declared that day.
Kumar is a five-time member of the Lok Sabha, and won her first election in 1985.
The committee room in the legislative assembly has been made the polling centre.
Hence, the colour of ballot papers will help the returning officer count votes based on the value. Polling commenced at 10 am and concluded at 2.15 pm. BJP has 161 MLAs, Congress 24, four of NPP, two each of Zamindara Party and BSP, and seven independent.
" The President does not belong to any political party". Karunanidhi and Sikkim MLA Sher Bahadur Subedi could not vote for health reasons.
The poll panel will provide electors a unique serial numbered pen with violet ink to mark their votes.
Of the 288 eligible voters, 287 cast their votes.
Jailed MLAs Chhagan Bhujbal and Ramesh Kadam will be brought to the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly from prison for voting.
# Only members of the Parliament and State Assemblies can cast their votes to elect President of India.
- Trump says he would invite Putin to White House, but not now
- Pennsylvania murders: Killer used pig roaster to burn bodies, official says
- Chinese President Xi 'Could Do a Little Bit More' on North Korea
- Bardet hits out at Froome boo-boys
- Amazon to develop its own messaging app
- Bakayoko Joins Chelsea From Monaco
- Opponents of GOP Health Care Bill Use Delay to Increase Their Efforts
- Israel cancels Friday prayer at Al-Aqsa Mosque
- Celebrities pay tribute to Martin Landau
- Aurora Borealis on display Sunday night in the northern US