That massive fund would also be used to teach job seekers how to create apps and write code. But there is a zero-per-cent chance this is true.
A more likely scenario, Snell added is that Apple would open "more data centers and expand other aspects of its research and development efforts in other places, rather than the mechanics of building hardware from scratch".
Apple was a target for Trump during his campaign because most of the manufacturing operations for products the companys sells in the USA are based in China. "We are bringing the entire industrial chain back to the traditional manufacturing region of the U.S".
"We're really proud to do it". "We're gonna get Apple to start building their damn computers and things in this country، instead of in other countries،" Mr Trump said in a speech in January past year. There are a few existing middlemen companies that do at least some assembly of relatively small numbers of Mac computers in places such as Austin, Tex., and Fremont, Calif.
Apple is not the first major American company to hand Trump a political win by allowing his claims about it to stand unchallenged.
In a revelation that has yet to be confirmed by Apple, US President Donald Trump has said that Apple will be building three huge manufacturing units in the country itself.
Of course, Apple doesn't do any of its own manufacturing, save for some production in Ireland. If you believe that spin, them Apple had apparently created two million jobs in the United States. The MIT Technology Review analyzed Apple's supply chain in 2015 and determined that the retail price of an iPhone made entirely in the U.S. It is still uncertain exactly what these manufacturing plants will create. The Cupertino company also figured prominently in Trump's election campaigns wherein he criticized the firm for setting up bases in China. If Apple planned to start its own manufacturing facilities in the United States or anywhere else, it would need to completely upend how it does business.
- My One Daughter Killed My Other Daughter
- Chlorinated chicken could be an issue in UK-US trade relations
- Watch Thor, Incredible Hulk Unite in New 'Ragnarok' Trailer
- Nintendo Switch Has Now Shipped Over 4.7 Million Units Worldwide
- NIA arrests 7 separatists for terror-funding
- Sen. John McCain To Return For Critical Health Care Vote
- LeBron James Will Not Waive His No-Trade Clause
- Snooty, world's oldest manatee in captivity, dies in 'heartbreaking accident'
- 25 killed, 39 injured in Lahore attack
- UN Security Council to Meet Over Jerusalem Violence