With Alvaro Morata playing some part in the game, this is certainly going to be a friendly worth watching for Chelsea fans, and one I believe they can win.
While it is Morata who will be expected to provide the goals rather than Luiz next season, it was clear that Chelsea looked a better side when fringe players Jeremie Boga and Andreas Christensen had been replaced.
The striker couldn't get on the scoresheet, but did get an assist after flicking on Cesc Fabregas' corner which fell to Michy Batshuayi, who then fired in from close range although Chelsea still lost the game 3-2. They will have to...
To this day Di Santo remains a decent player and an admirably hard worker as he has become a fan favourite at Schalke, but at Chelsea his record of 0 goals in 8 appearances speaks volumes in terms of this list. "We must give him the right time to adapt but he must be pleased with his performance".
"To play is my favourite position", Azpilicueta said.
The last time Chelsea opened a new English Premier League (EPL) season as defending champions they ended up stumbling to a 10th-placed finish in 2015-16.
"At this moment Renato is training with us, is working with us", added Ancelotti.
"It was disappointing in 2014 when he went to Italy, but I played well and had a good year at Juventus, but I really want to work with this coach and finally I can. I hope he can adapt as quickly as possible to the Premier League and score goals, which is the main job of any striker".
Conte's men did get a lifeline with the last kick of the first half, with right wing-back Victor Moses drilling a teasing ball across goal from which Alonso lashed home first-time into the bottom right corner to reduce the deficit.
- Sen. John McCain To Return For Critical Health Care Vote
- Bridlington Man Wins $2.6m in Poker Final
- Michael Kors to buy Jimmy Choo in United States dollars 1.2 billion deal
- Mistaken identity exonerates ex-Cowboy Lucky Whitehead
- Michael Phelps 'Raced' a 'Shark,' Kind Of. Not Really
- 25 killed, 39 injured in Lahore attack
- NIA arrests 7 separatists for terror-funding
- 'Stranger Things 2' Promises Justice For Barb & One Insane Trailer
- Parents withdraw legal action over their sick baby
- International Monetary Fund raises growth forecasts for euro area