According to the 48-year-old, if the new signings manage to "slot in" well and avoid injuries they could help their clubs become clear contenders to finish in the top half and even give the top six a run for their money.
After leading West Ham United through a hard campaign last season, Bilic will be wanting to sign a new contract, keeping him at the club for the foreseeable future, but the only way he can achieve this is by helping the team win the games.
"When I came to West Ham two years ago and he was leaving United, I wanted him then".
Hernandez, also known as "Chicharito", arrives at West Ham following the high profile acquisitions of Argentinian right-back Pablo Zabaleta, England goalkeeper Joe Hart and Austrian forward Marko Arnautovic.
The arrival of Hernandez, who has the fifth best minutes per goal ratio in Premier League history, has pushed Ashley Fletcher down the pecking order. Now with West Ham in Rotenburg, Arnautovic isn't too far away from one of his former clubs.
The two-time Premier League victor left Old Trafford in August 2015 for Germany, where he has been even more prolific, netting 39 times in 76 matches for Leverkusen.
Another offered five pounds and a Hernandez top if they signed Mexico's all time top goal scorer. We were lucky he only had a year left on his contract and that allows you to negotiate a deal.
"You can see in this window they've spent very well on good players because we want to be better compared to the last season".
Hernandez celebrates scoring a goal for United. Since Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement, for example, Hernandez has averaged just 10 goals a season, managing just four goals in his last 23 appearances.
- Advance Telecom brings Nokia 5 to Pakistan
- Watch Thor, Incredible Hulk Unite in New 'Ragnarok' Trailer
- UFC planning shock winter return for WWE superstar Brock Lesnar
- Apple to build three new 'big' plants in US
- Details of military transgender policy being worked out: White House
- NIA arrests 7 separatists for terror-funding
- Sen. John McCain To Return For Critical Health Care Vote
- The Hammerson plc (HMSO) Rating Reiterated by Credit Suisse Group
- PUBG To Offer Vanity Items Inspired by Battle Royale Movie
- Child in South Africa becomes HIV free