Even though the former Heavyweight champion is a lot bigger than him, Jon believes that it would just only promote the sport and will be a great challenge for him. Meltzer speculated on UFC grooming Jones to be a big superstar and the feeling is that there could be a major coronation if the 30 year old beats Lesnar. Facing Jones isn't just a test of one's physical limits, it's a mentally grueling task that requires you to outthink a fighter who can hit you from any angle. "No, not really", he said, "because it's got the potential to go off so I'm not looking forward to that".
But above everything else, Jones and Lesnar fight in different divisions, with the former a natural Light Heavyweight and Lesnar a Heavyweight powerhouse.
If the gods of MMA are good, Cormier vs. Jones 2 for the 205 pound title will stay firmly put at the top of UFC 214, a card with three title fights and one hell of an undercard. "Anytime, anywhere", Lesnar said. "Anytime, anywhere", Lesnar told Beacham in response. "Right now he should be anxious about D.C. on Saturday night".
A lot of time has passed since then and White says he no longer holds onto the same anger for Jones that he did back then but the UFC 214 press conference on Wednesday will mark the first time they've spoken since that altercation previous year.
Lesnar is now under a one-year suspension from USADA for drug test failures stemming from his win over Mark Hunt at UFC 200 last July. Hence, the WWE star was punished with a one-year suspension and formally retired from MMA early this year. But we don't have to talk for him to come back and do what he's going to try to do on Saturday night, we don't have to talk.
"I didn't get in my auto and look around for the first female I saw to crash into her". The rumours were quashed by the UFC but they have maintained silence over yet another possible return for Lesnar in the UFC.
Lesnar hasn't entered the octagon since UFC 200 when he defeated Mark Hunt. The fight, which Lesnar won but was later deemed a no contest after Lesnar tested positive for a banned substance, came with only about a month's notice.
"Brock Lesnar is quietly back in the USADA testing pool for UFC", wrote Meltzer.
- Vatican Hospital Holds Press Conference About Charlie Gard
- Crude futures settle higher as Saudi oil chief pledges export cuts
- No More Gasoline, Diesel Cars in UK After 2040
- Van Dijk left out of Southampton squad amid Liverpool rumours
- Sen. John McCain To Return For Critical Health Care Vote
- Trump trips up over claims Lebanon on 'frontline' against Hezbollah
- The Hammerson plc (HMSO) Rating Reiterated by Credit Suisse Group
- Twitter Tumbles in Second Quarter with Stalled User Base
- Chlorinated chicken could be an issue in UK-US trade relations
- Details of military transgender policy being worked out: White House