Super Eagles forward Victor Moses featured for Premier League champions Chelsea who ended their final game of their Asia tour on a losing note as they were beaten 2-1 by Serie A giants Inter Milan in the International Champions Cup in Singapore on Saturday, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.
Willian had Chelsea's first real chance with a deflected effort in the 27th minute, before David Luiz fizzed a freekick over.
Inter were 2-0 ahead thanks to Stevan Jovetic's goal just before half time and then a second from Ivan Perisic just eight minutes following the break.
Luckily for Kondogbia, the goal did not cost Inter as Chelsea were unable to find an equaliser and suffered a 2-1 defeat a week out from the Community Shield curtain-raiser against Arsenal. Frustratingly, his best moves were clever turns near the halfway line and clipped passes across the pitch to spread the play, rather than the unsafe moments in the penalty box he is renowned for.
Batshuayi thought he had levelled in the closing minutes - only for his goal to be chalked off for a questionable offside flag.
"We want to continue along this road and do well in the league to return to the Champions League".
It overshadowed what had otherwise been an impressive performance by Inter, and in particular Manchester United target Perisic. "A lot of things have happened during the summer but we intend to keep Candreva".
While many own goals contain some truly comical defending, there was nothing of the sort as Inter midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia found the back of his own net.
Despite falling behind just prior to the interval, Chelsea returned for the second half knowing they were still in the fixture, particularly given the fact Morata had shown so much promise for his new team in attack.
After taking a pass from Jeison Murillo, Kondogbia badly over hit a back pass to goalkeeper Daniele Padelli.
- Jordan shooting : Two killed, one wounded at Israeli embassy
- 1 dead, 4 wounded in German supermarket attack
- Details of military transgender policy being worked out: White House
- The Hammerson plc (HMSO) Rating Reiterated by Credit Suisse Group
- UFC planning shock winter return for WWE superstar Brock Lesnar
- Donald Trump replaces Chief of Staff Reince Priebus with General John Kelly
- Reince Priebus Replaced by John Kelly as Chief of Staff
- Health Care Future Outlook
- Starbucks to close Teavana stores
- Foxconn Coming to Southeastern Wisconsin