At the second annual Capsaicin SIGGRAPH event, unveiled new professional graphics cards created to dramatically accelerate the pace of professional content creation today, while enabling creators to take bold new steps into the more demanding workflows of tomorrow.
Although graphics cards have never been a hot topic of discussion (except maybe among niche groups), this has changed recently.
In the wake of the launch of the Radeon RX Vega experience, and more, this weekend at SIGGRAPH 2017, AMD has released a plethora of tech explainer videos, in addition to the launch videos for the various products you might expect. All the graphics cards are having numbers after their name because that is the number of card's Compute Units. The Radeon Red Pack will include the Radeon RX Vega 56 and will cost $499, and will come in September as well. Vega 10 is having around 12.5 billion transistors and is manufactured using a 14nm FinFET LPP process. Vega 10 leverages HBM2 memory for its HBC, which is connected via a 2048-bit interface, as reported by Tech Radar. However, thanks to its liquid cooling, AMD will increase the base clock to 1,406MHz and its boost clock to 1,677MHz. It uses 16GB of High-Bandwidth Cache with HBM2 ECC memory. The graphics card will feature 4,096 stream processors and is rated to offer 12.66 teraflops of performance.
Next in line is the air-cooled Radeon RX Vega 64. It is an improvement over the AMD FirePro W9100 and runs models more than twice as fast at over 2.6X the peak throughput-per-clock. However, Intel also has a full lineup of Kaby Lake (and Skylake) processors with integrated graphics, whereas AMD has yet to introduce desktop or notebook products with its newest Zen cores and integrated graphics.
Because of the likelihood that these cards will be snapped up by cryptocurrency miners just like the Radeon RX 500 series, prices could be driven up and gamers could end up frustrated. You'll also get a $100 discount on a Ryzen 7 CPU plus motherboard bundle.
You're going to need a fine processor to make the most of your graphics card, so check out our pick of the best CPUs for gaming around today. Both models are the air-cooled versions, but there will be a higher-clocked, liquid-chilled RX Vega 64 option, likely to cost $599.
- Russia Retaliates For Sanctions Approval, Hitting At US Diplomatic Corps
- Inter Milan v Chelsea Lineups; Live ESPN3 Stream and GameCast
- Free movement will end after Brexit, insists Downing Street
- India face selection 'dilemma' after massive Sri Lanka win
- Sam Shepard Dead: Playwright and Actor Dies at 73
- Shah to run for RS from Gujarat
- Reince Priebus: Trump 'wanted to go a different direction'
- Elections for National Constituent Assembly kicks off in Venezuela
- Wells Fargo paying $80 million over customer vehicle insurance
- 20 years of United States trade with Russian Federation