Replying to the Congress, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley told the house "No search has taken place in the resort as such and no MLA was searched, only one particular Ktka minister was searched".
The Congress had flown its 44 Gujarat lawmakers from Ahmedabad on July 29 and lodged them in the Eagleton resort at Bidadi, 30km from Bengaluru, to prevent the BJP from poaching them ahead of the Rajya Sabha poll.
About 40 I-T officials with protection from the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) are said to be carrying out searches at the Eagleton resort and are also checking vehicles moving in and out of the resort. He expressed confidence that senior Congress leader Ahmed Patel, who is contesting the Rajya Sabha election from Gujarat, will win.
Please Wait while comments are loading.
Gujarat Congress chief Bharatsinh Solanki today said the BJP government was misusing its powers and agencies such as the Income Tax Department, Enforcement Directorate and the CBI to intimidate the opposition.
Strongly objecting to the introduction of NOTA in Rajya Sabha polls, Gehlot said, "I condemn the way PM Narendra Modi is taking party towards disaster".
According to the Congress sources, all expenses of MLAs who had travelled to Bangalore were being made by the Gujarat Pradesh Congress committee (GPCC) and the Karnataka Government was not involved whatsoever.
Addressing the media here, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that during the Rajya Sabha elections NOTA was put up in the ballet paper, which created a lot of confusion.
Shivakumar, is hosting his party's MLAs from Gujarat who have been brought to the Bengaluru resort till the day of the Rajya Sabha elections on August 8.
"The search team has no concern with the MLAs and there has been no contact with MLAs and the search team", the department said in a statement.
Javadekar said the MLAs had been staying at the resort for the "last five days and will be there for another eight days (till the Rajya Sabha election)". The raids are taking place in Delhi and Karnataka.
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Reince Priebus says 'I am Team Trump' in first post-resignation interview
- Top smartphones for gaming
- AMD Vega unveiled and it is a failure
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Maduro moving fast to consolidate power in Venezuela
- Former Myrtle Beach Pelican dealt in Chicago Cubs' trade with Detroit Tigers
- Princess Diana's shocking recordings defended by United Kingdom broadcaster
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Amit Shah pulls up BJP RS members for bunking house