In last season's FA Cup final, Arsenal stunned 10-man Chelsea 2-1 with Moses sent off for a dive.
Chelsea look to defend their title this season, while Arsenal aim to reach the summit of the Premier League for the first time in over a decade.
Arsene Wenger, Arsenal's manager, has been trying to keep hold of Alexis Sanchez as the Gunners attempt to return to the Champions League after missing out on qualification for the first time in 20 years.
For Arsenal this season, the target is 85 points and to push for silverware, manager Arsene Wenger has said.
The Gunners have however handed a debut to summer signing Alexandre Lacazette, while fellow new addition Sead Kolasinac is on the bench. What was even more shocking, however, was the terrible penalty that £55 million transfer striker Alvaro Morata pulled wide.
Cesc Fabregas and Michy Batshuayi both went close for Chelsea soon afterwards as they began to take a grip on the game, but in the closing stages things turned in Arsenal's favour. "We want to find a good balance between the confidence we can get out of these games and the urgency that every Premier League game demands", he said. We play on Sunday.
Chelsea had Pedro dismissed for an untidy lunge on Mohamed Elneny 82 seconds before Kolasinac converted Granit Xhaka's cross, but Wenger felt an Arsenal leveller had always been on the cards, irrespective of any numerical advantage.
With Arsenal struggling to create chances, Wenger introduced Olivier Giroud and Theo Walcott after 65 minutes.
While the Community Shield is far from the be-all and end-all and will ultimately have little reflection on the overall campaign, it is a game neither side will want to lose and the added spice of a London derby should make it an interesting affair nonetheless. - The last two red cards issued in Community Shield matches have been to Chelsea players (Branislav Ivanovic in 2012, Pedro in 2017). The match went to penalties where Arsenal held their nerve, scoring four times from the spot to Chelsea's one.
- Sales tax free weekend in Virginia is August 4
- White House leaks are 'threatening national security', Jeff Sessions says
- Andre De Grasse forced out of World Athletics Championships due to injury
- Cricket pay deal lauded as biggest pay rise in women's sport
- Toyota and Mazda team up for $1.6bn electric vehicle factory
- Maduro says country facing 'armed insurgency,' thrashes chief prosecutor
- Jon Snow finally meets Daenerys
- Martin Shkreli Found Guilty On 3 Counts, Including Securities Fraud
- Jab Harry Met Sejal Movie Review; JHMS Rating
- Vice President Election 2017: Voting underway