Van Dijk did not travel with his teammates on either of their pre-season trips overseas this summer and was ordered to train alone after informing new manager Mauricio Pellegrino of his wish to depart.
I have been left frustrated by the club's position and am disappointed enquires from top clubs have been constantly rebuffed.
The Saints even reported Liverpool to the Premier League, accusing them of making an illegal approach for their player, a move which led Liverpool to announce they had ended their interest.
Southampton reiterated their stance to van Dijk last week in "tense talks" and while there is a deadlock in the situation at present, the most likely outcome is that the Dutchman leaves the south coast this summer. After all, Van Dijk has made it clear multiple times that he wants to move and he wants to move to Liverpool at that.
The 26-year-old had already told the Saints of his desire to leave ahead of 2017/18, and has been training separate from Mauricio Pellegrino's squad.
"In the moment I'm fine".
"I have consistently relayed my feelings to senior management at Southampton in what I believed to be private and personal conversations", he added.
The future of the Holland global took a new twist recently when Van Dijk reportdly told Southampton boss Mauricio Pellegrino that he wants to leave the club. Disappointingly, these conversations have regularly found their way into the media.
"He's a strong competitor as a central midfielder and will complement our existing midfield players, and he is also a really good age at 25; we are absolutely delighted to welcome him to the club".
He has two-and-a-half weeks to find a new club.
- Robert Pattinson shares a wild story
- ASEAN, China adopt CoC framework
- White House leaks are 'threatening national security', Jeff Sessions says
- Rahul Gandhi's auto attacked in Gujarat, SPG commando injured
- Google rebukes employee's gender gap memo
- Jay Cutler Unlikely to Join Miami Dolphins
- Josh Brolin is revealed as Cable in the new Deadpool movie
- England opt to bat in 4th Sth African Test
- Trump Mocks Russia Investigation While in West Virginia: 'A Total Fabrication'
- Balotelli returns home as Nice faces Napoli in UCL playoffs