On Aug. 21, 2017 the Earth will cross the shadow of the moon creating a total Solar Eclipse.
You can watch the partial lunar eclipse at Slooh here. It has been coined as the American eclipse since the path of the Moon's shadow is expected to include America's #West And East Coasts. The magnitude of the eclipse would be 1.0306.
Beginning just after 10 a.m. local time in Lincoln Beach, Ore., the total eclipse will take approximately an hour and a half to pass over Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina and SC. While the solar eclipse will not be visible in India, it is being said to be one of the most incredible sight for sky watchers. "For Kolkata the moonrise will be around 5.58 p m and it will be setting on 4.34 a m next day", Duari said. The last lunar eclipse visible from the entire country was seen on April 4th, 2015.
This celestial event is a solar eclipse in which the moon passes between the sun and Earth and blocks all or part of the sun for up to about three hours, from beginning to end, as viewed from a given location. That shadow is actually composed of two cone-shaped components, one nested inside the other.
Those lucky people who can see it will witness a once in a lifetime opportunity as the Sun, the Moon and the Earth become perfectly aligned.
You'll hear a lot of people talking about the upcoming total solar eclipse.
Both will teach how to safely see the eclipse.
Virtual Telescope will offer a second view of the eclipse, which is partly visible from Italy. Another pair of eclipses occurred last February and another pair will occur in January / February of 2018.
You'll need special glasses to protect your eyes if you want to see the eclipse. However for many, it will only be possible to see part of it.
- Wembley test for Chelsea, Arsenal after tough offseason
- Rescue Efforts Suspended for 3 Marines Missing After Crash Off Australian Coast
- ASEAN, China adopt CoC framework
- Chidambaram hits out at BJP for attack on Rahul
- Robert Pattinson shares a wild story
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Active accidentally confirmed by AT&T?
- Shivakumar apologizes for his mother's statement accusing Siddaramaiah over IT raids
- Tropical Storm Franklin could become hurricane before Mexican landfall
- Jay Cutler Unlikely to Join Miami Dolphins
- Reckless Trump Threatens North Korea With Fiery Annihilation