Wilfork, the five-time Pro Bowler and two-time Super Bowl champ with New England, dramatically hangs up his cleats so he can pick up some barbecue tongs and get cookin'.
Vince Wilfork spent 11 years with the Patriots and certainly left his mark on the organization.
In announcing his retirement on Monday, Wilfork put out a hilarious video showing a pair of cleats hanging in a locker.
Wilfork announced his retirement from the National Football League by tweeting a video of himself smoking meats and a cigar while shaking it and wearing a "ribs" hat. During his time in New England, Vilfork was one of the games's best, and his stats and Pro Bowls back that assertion up. Before that, he did his mauling at the University of Miami, where he won a BCS National Championship in 2001. But Belichick made it clear how much Wilfork meant to the organization.
Wilfork of course became a star of "Hard Knocks" when he was with the Houston Texans, which is where we first saw those overalls - and his grilling skills. You need a certain level of swagger and gravitas to do it. It's pure joy. Each person who sees Big Vince seems to go through the same series of reactions, from disbelief to laughter to flat out appreciation.
- Massachusetts General Hospital ranked among top 5 hospitals in America
- Mo Farah Takes on the London Track One Last Time
- Tropical Storm Franklin could become hurricane before Mexican landfall
- How to avoid buying bogus solar eclipse glasses
- Google rebukes employee's gender gap memo
- Vice President Election 2017: Voting underway
- Virgil Van Dijk Hands In A Transfer Request To Southampton
- Robert Pattinson shares a wild story
- Shivakumar apologizes for his mother's statement accusing Siddaramaiah over IT raids
- Stephen Colbert Gives Hilarious Reaction To Anthony Scaramucci's White House Exit