Wilfork, the five-time Pro Bowler and two-time Super Bowl champ with New England, dramatically hangs up his cleats so he can pick up some barbecue tongs and get cookin'.
Vince Wilfork spent 11 years with the Patriots and certainly left his mark on the organization.
In announcing his retirement on Monday, Wilfork put out a hilarious video showing a pair of cleats hanging in a locker.
Wilfork announced his retirement from the National Football League by tweeting a video of himself smoking meats and a cigar while shaking it and wearing a "ribs" hat. During his time in New England, Vilfork was one of the games's best, and his stats and Pro Bowls back that assertion up. Before that, he did his mauling at the University of Miami, where he won a BCS National Championship in 2001. But Belichick made it clear how much Wilfork meant to the organization.
Wilfork of course became a star of "Hard Knocks" when he was with the Houston Texans, which is where we first saw those overalls - and his grilling skills. You need a certain level of swagger and gravitas to do it. It's pure joy. Each person who sees Big Vince seems to go through the same series of reactions, from disbelief to laughter to flat out appreciation.
- Vice President Election 2017: Voting underway
- Mo Farah Takes on the London Track One Last Time
- Chicago To Sue Trump Administration Over DOJ Sanctuary Cities Crackdown
- Robert Pattinson shares a wild story
- Wembley test for Chelsea, Arsenal after tough offseason
- August 7 full moon precedes much-anticipated solar eclipse
- How to avoid buying bogus solar eclipse glasses
- ASEAN slams North Korea over nuclear missiles test
- Jay Cutler Unlikely to Join Miami Dolphins
- Chidambaram hits out at BJP for attack on Rahul