In the ongoing race of messaging apps, Google has released a new mobile-only feature on YouTube that allows you to chat about videos instantly while watching them live. It also said that customers who want to continue sharing videos through other apps can still do so too.
YouTube notes that the feedback it has received over the past year has resulted in some improvements to the feature. The video sharing feature was first made available in Canada and for some users in the United States, and it is now available for all users around the world.
The company says the update is meant to "make sharing easier, faster and more fun on your phone".
YouTube has just announced a new feature for its mobile app for Android and iOS smartphones. The video below demonstrates the app in action, but it isn't dissimilar from how YouTube sharing now works. It made the video stick to the top of the chat when you are scrolling down. So now, YouTube is rolling out a system of new icons that should help creators understand which videos are earning them money-and why other videos are not.
The "share" button now includes a way to select recipients from your contact list and forward the app in YouTube. It also offers an option of inviting users to motivate them into using the feature.
According to the mayor's office, the Metropolitan Police provided the website with "detailed context", but YouTube told them the videos did not breach its guidelines. However, Google has now added another convenient method to share your favourite stuff from YouTube.
This is now the challenge that YouTube is facing with this new feature, as pointed out by Engadget. Firstly, it encourages increased engagement as users do not have to shift to Twitter or Facebook to share commentary or videos. The Group is sharing with up to support 30 people. A direct link to invite contacts has also been provided, reported NDTV.
The videos, which have been viewed more than 356,000 times, shows gangs threatening rivals with a "Rambo knife" while others make shooting hand signals to a soundtrack of violent rap.
After the ad-pocolypse earlier this year, YouTube put many new systems in place for advertisers to better control which videos their ads appeared over on the platform.
- Shivakumar apologizes for his mother's statement accusing Siddaramaiah over IT raids
- Trump Doesn't Need Congress to Ruin Insurance Coverage for Millions of People
- ASEAN, China adopt CoC framework
- How to avoid buying bogus solar eclipse glasses
- Jay Cutler Unlikely to Join Miami Dolphins
- Virgil Van Dijk Hands In A Transfer Request To Southampton
- Google rebukes employee's gender gap memo
- August Alsina's Name Is Being Mixed Into Usher's Alleged Herpes Scandal
- Christie says Mueller is being 'responsible' in Russian Federation inquiry
- Wembley test for Chelsea, Arsenal after tough offseason