According to the Washington Post, FBI agents reportedly raided US President Donald Trump's campaign manager Paul Manafort's home two weeks ago as part of its investigation into Russia's involvement in 2016 presidential election.
The longtime Republican campaign operative and lobbyist has also provided information to the Senate Intelligence Committee about a meeting he attended past year with a Russian lawyer that was billed as chance to receive damaging information trumbout Hillary Clinton.
Federal Bureau of Investigation agents executed a search warrant in an early morning raid at a home owned by Paul Manafort late last month, a spokesperson for the former Trump campaign chairman confirmed Wednesday. In recent days, it's become clear the former Federal Bureau of Investigation director is using a grand jury in Washington in addition to one in the Eastern District of Virginia, where investigators also have been looking into former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn. This would have been a day after he met privately with the Senate Intelligence Committee. The source told CNN the documents seized included financial and tax records and at least some of the information had already been provided to Senate investigators.
Manafort is a key figure in the investigation into the Trump campaign's ties to Russian Federation.
Meanwhile, the US President's son, Donald Trump Jr, has turned over 250 pages of records to the Senate Judiciary Committee.
The spokesperson declined to provide details about the specific contents of the documents.
Trump has also strongly rejected accusations that his campaign colluded with Moscow in the run-up to the election and has called Mueller's investigation a "witch hunt".
- Defensive star Wilfork announces retirement in Twitter ad
- Leaked government document 'directly contradicts' Trump on climate change
- ASEAN slams North Korea over nuclear missiles test
- Reckless Trump Threatens North Korea With Fiery Annihilation
- August Alsina's Name Is Being Mixed Into Usher's Alleged Herpes Scandal
- Dayton calls Islamic center explosion an 'act of terror'
- Lawyer says Taylor Swift had no reason to lie about groping
- Josh Brolin is revealed as Cable in the new Deadpool movie
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Here's why Peter shouldn't be the next 'Bachelor'