According to the Washington Post, FBI agents reportedly raided US President Donald Trump's campaign manager Paul Manafort's home two weeks ago as part of its investigation into Russia's involvement in 2016 presidential election.
The longtime Republican campaign operative and lobbyist has also provided information to the Senate Intelligence Committee about a meeting he attended past year with a Russian lawyer that was billed as chance to receive damaging information trumbout Hillary Clinton.
Federal Bureau of Investigation agents executed a search warrant in an early morning raid at a home owned by Paul Manafort late last month, a spokesperson for the former Trump campaign chairman confirmed Wednesday. In recent days, it's become clear the former Federal Bureau of Investigation director is using a grand jury in Washington in addition to one in the Eastern District of Virginia, where investigators also have been looking into former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn. This would have been a day after he met privately with the Senate Intelligence Committee. The source told CNN the documents seized included financial and tax records and at least some of the information had already been provided to Senate investigators.
Manafort is a key figure in the investigation into the Trump campaign's ties to Russian Federation.
Meanwhile, the US President's son, Donald Trump Jr, has turned over 250 pages of records to the Senate Judiciary Committee.
The spokesperson declined to provide details about the specific contents of the documents.
Trump has also strongly rejected accusations that his campaign colluded with Moscow in the run-up to the election and has called Mueller's investigation a "witch hunt".
- YouTube Gets In-App Messaging Feature
- Vehicle hits six soldiers in Paris suburb, flees scene
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Trump turning to experts to combat nation's drug epidemic
- I Won't Be 'Distracted Or Bullied' By Trump Tweets — Blumenthal
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Tropical Storm Franklin could become hurricane before Mexican landfall
- Lawyer says Taylor Swift had no reason to lie about groping
- August 7 full moon precedes much-anticipated solar eclipse
- Massachusetts General Hospital ranked among top 5 hospitals in America