The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz head said Baloch leader Akbar Bugti was brutally killed in the mountains but no one asked who was responsible for this injustice.
Meanwhile, Canada-based cleric of Pakistani-origin Tahir-ul-Qadri, who has returned to Lahore, criticised Sharif's roadshow and demanded that he should change it.
Thousands of Sharif party supporters thronged the capital to take part in the rally, setting up camps all along the itinerary Sharif is expected to follow. Mr Khan alleged Mr Sharif was continuing to use state resources to destroy the judiciary and thereby the democratic system.
Sharif, who was prime minister three times, says his removal from office did not mean the end of his political career.
Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif has been addressing a mammoth gathering at Rawalpindi's Committee Chowk, where he reached in the form of a rally after 12 hours since departing from Punjab House, Islamabad.
The rally is a show of force by the former prime minister after his disqualification by the Supreme Court in the Panama Papers case. "I will keep guiding my party", he said. We have deep ties as national, strong people to people links, and a shared history and future. After around four months, a verdict was reserved by the top court in February and was delivered on 20 April, ordering the formation of a six-member joint investigation team (JIT) to probe the first family.
But Shahbaz Sharif's name was apparently withdrawn after some senior party members feared that in the absence of the younger Sharif from Punjab, the pace of ongoing mega projects in the province would be affected, reported the daily. He has also planned to deliver speeches at important places during the rally.
The lawyer had also argued that it had also been revealed in print media that Election Commission of Pakistan directed PML to choose new head of the party as a disqualified person could not lead a party.
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Massachusetts General Hospital ranked among top 5 hospitals in America
- Vehicle hits six soldiers in Paris suburb, flees scene
- Kenyans vote in general election
- Trump turning to experts to combat nation's drug epidemic
- Christie says Mueller is being 'responsible' in Russian Federation inquiry
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- YouTube Gets In-App Messaging Feature