In a joint statement to United States showbiz programme Entertainment Tonight, they said: "With tremendous love and respect for each other, and the 18 years we spent together as a couple, we have made the decision to separate". Aside from their disappointment, their statements make it clear that they love Jack very much and are trying to keep their split private for his sake.
Taking the reader through how they first met on the set of comedy Take Me Home Tonight, Anna describes how they fell for one another on long walks and late night chats - despite the fact she was married to someone else. They have one son, Jack, born in 2012.
The statement added that the two had "cherished" their time together and "continue to have the deepest respect for one another". The couple announced their separation after eight years of marriage on Monday, via Instagram (of course). Due to the fact that he has become a Hollywood heavyweight, the Guardians of the Galaxy star is being given opportunities that take him all over the world. Chris Pratt was an equal member of his marriage to Anna Faris - that is the very goal of a marriage - and yet he is apparently blameless in this scenario.
Faris' teeth appear to be clenched and Lawrence's hands look so stiff that many have compared them to claws.
They also said there were other personal reasons for the split, but their view on family in the long-term was a major factor in their decision. Anna and Jennifer even had a sweet moment at the Passengers premiere where they hugged and shared a laugh.
With Lemonade, Beyonce subtly told the world how husband Jay Z cheated on her. To blame Jennifer Lawrence is to cast her as a wicked mistress, a temptress and, perhaps a favourite trope among haters, a home-wrecker. You've given me so much. According to PEOPLE, we know that it's a powerful reflection on marriage and the ways it can evolve, grow or end. "With that being said, I do feel like when I get upset, which is rare as my husband and family would say, I have a hard time letting go". Back then, Faris' career was more successful than Pratt's.
- Trump turning to experts to combat nation's drug epidemic
- Dayton calls Islamic center explosion an 'act of terror'
- Reckless Trump Threatens North Korea With Fiery Annihilation
- Here's why Peter shouldn't be the next 'Bachelor'
- Venezuela: Hunt for 'mercenaries' in rebellion against Maduro
- YouTube Gets In-App Messaging Feature
- Kenyans vote in general election
- Tropical Storm Franklin could become hurricane before Mexican landfall
- Facebook Introducing 'Watch', New Platform For Shows
- Virgil Van Dijk Hands In A Transfer Request To Southampton