Star man: When Leicester play well Jamie Vardy is their rapier thrust, their razor-sharp defensive balloon-burster.
ARSENAL'S ALEXANDRE LACAZETTE got his Premier League career off to the flawless start against Leicester at the Emirates this evening. The Premier League's big six all bigger than ever, Everton stronger than ever, plus a handful of other teams in contention for the top-half of the table, a 10th-place finish would require some job, let alone a European place.
However, the Sun claim Arsenal have made a breakthrough in talks and they expect the German to sign a new long-term deal that will make him the highest paid player at the club.
I know I shall love this football season... just maybe not this week. Following a season where fans were hiring planes to fly "Wenger Out" banners over stadiums during games, Arsenal is bringing back Arsene Wenger and almost the same group of his players.
In America, the National Football League begins its season with the defending champion playing their first game on the Thursday prior to a full slate of games on Sunday.
Arsenal will be among the sides hoping to challenge for the Premier League this season.
Substitute Olivier Giroud headed in a dramatic late victor as Arsenal fought back to beat Leicester City in a thrilling start to the 2017-18 Premier League season. He scored with 12 of only 19 shots on target in the league for his former club, which as chance-conversion goes makes him not so much unsafe as actually radioactive.
The 26-year-old might not be as deadly as the Chilean.
But after winning a record seventh FA Cup with victory over Chelsea, he penned a new two-year contract and his side's Houdini act against Leicester means that late-season momentum remains intact, albeit only just. In the middle of the transfer market it's hard to predict [the season]. But, in summer arrival Alexandre Lacazette, midfield lynchpin Granit Xhaka and the in-form Alex Iwobi, Arsene Wenger has enough firepower to overcome the Leicester resistance.
- Venezuela: Hunt for 'mercenaries' in rebellion against Maduro
- My wish is Khaqan remains PM till 2018, says Nawaz
- Trump's vacation message to McConnell: 'Get back to work'
- Chris Pratt, Anna Faris announce separation
- Britney Spears Bum-Rushed Onstage 'He's Got a Gun?!'
- Stocks rally, but end a bit lower
- Taylor Swift's 10 Most Powerful Statements From Her Sexual Assault Trial Cross-Examination
- Jeffrey Lord ousted from CNN for Nazi salute
- Look up! The Perseid Meteor Shower peaks August 12
- North Korea releases jailed Canadian pastor on humanitarian grounds