However, reports say that the CM was not informed about shortage or any disurptions in oxygen supply. The issue of settlement of the pending money is what costed the lives of little ones.
Under attack from opposition over the incident, Siddhartha Nath Singh has appealed not to "make this political".
Incidentally, Gorakhpur was Adityanath's parliamentary constituency before he took charge as the Chief Minister of the state.
At least 30 children died in the state-run Baba Raghav Das Medical College here during the last 48 hours, district magistrate Rajeev Rautela said on Friday, but gave no reasons for such a large number of deaths.
On the orders of Chief Minister Yogi Aadityanath, Health minister Sidharth Narayan Singh and Medical education minister Ashutosh Tandon have rushed to Gorakhpur to take stock of the situation and take remedial measures. The deaths have been blamed on shortage of oxygen supply and infections. "Go to wards (of hospitals) and report from there".
He also asked why the autopsies were not carried out on the children who died in the city hospital. "The report will be out in 24 hours", he added.
Stating that Prime Minister Narendra Modi is deeply concerned and has offered complete support, Adityanath said that nobody can be more sensitive than him in the regard.
"The State government has realized that a probe in the matter is necessary". This prompted the government to say on Twitter that "No patient has died at the BRD medical college due to shortage of oxygen supplies".
Following the furore over multitudes of deaths at BRD hospital in a span of few days allegedly due to lack of oxygen supply, the principal of the college was earlier suspended from his duties.
On Adityanath's assertion that the guilty would not be spared, Mayawati said it was a "hollow statement" as there is no action on ground. As per the data procured from the BRD hospital, in past five days from August 7 to August 11, a total of 60 deaths occurred in the hospital. Union Health Minister J.P. Nadda also spoke to Yogi Adityanath in this regard.
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Look up! The Perseid Meteor Shower peaks August 12
- Everton vs Stoke City Tips and Odds - EPL Matchweek 1
- Tottenham boss Pochettino responds to Rose's entitled comments
- Taylor Swift's 10 Most Powerful Statements From Her Sexual Assault Trial Cross-Examination
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Manafort Alerted Lawmakers to Trump Jr.'s Meeting with Russian Lawyer
- Kenya Slips into Violence amid Post-Elections Riots