The Verge on Wednesday also pointed to similarities between apparent mockups of SpaceX suit designs and the image shared by Musk this week. Elon Musk has recently posted a picture on his Instagram page that shows off great-looking space suit.
"In a Reddit AMA just over a year ago, Musk commented that "[the suit] needs to both look like a 21st century spacesuit and work well".
"Already tested to double vacuum pressure", the billionaire said.
Musk in his tweets has acknowledged that the suit itself is very white and very spacey. Currently, the United States uses Russian Soyuz spacecraft to ferry astronauts to the International Space Station, which costs tens of millions of dollars per astronaut seat.
Elon Musk has offered a glimpse of the spacesuit that could clothe those journeying on his company's attempted mission to Mars.
Musk took to Instagram to reveal the sleek design today.
The Crew Dragon, as well as Boeing's Starliner, is expected to begin flight tests with astronauts in 2018.
Other than its appearance, no details about the suit have been released. It's a notably different esthetic - bright blue material and mid-calf boots designed by Reebok.
'The most important part is that the suit will keep you alive, ' astronaut Eric Boe said. These flight suits would be of no use on spacewalks, as they make movement extremely hard while fully pressurized.
- US Crude Production Continues Climb Toward Record High
- US, South Korea start annual military drill amid North Korea tension
- Samsung tries to extinguish Note 7's fiery memory with Note 8
- Lines outside the Darien Library as solar eclipse event approaches
- 10 missing, 5 hurt in US Navy destroyer, merchant vessel collision
- Secret Service Can't Pay Agents Because Of Trump's Travel, Large Family
- Galaxy Note 8 in Canada: Everything you need to know!
- German police seize 5000 ecstasy pills shaped like Trump's head
- HTC cuts Vive price to $799
- Prince Harry opens up about the moment his mother Princess Diana died