Four or more goals have been scored in each of the last four meetings between these sides at Anfield. First as Crystal Palace boss, then as West Brom's manager, Pulis has claimed five victories and one draw in the six fixtures against Stoke since he left them.
"So the absolute priority now is the Premier League". So the fans for sure, are to witness something similar this weekend as well.
In defence the talismanic Laurent Koscielny returns, having served out an early season suspension following his sending off against Everton in the final game of 2016/17.
Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool): If Barcelona had their way then Coutinho woulf be at Camp Nou right now and Liverpool would be €100m better off. Trent Alexander-Arnold and Emre Can should recover from small knocks against Hoffenheim.
With Nathaniel Clyne now sidelined with a long term injury, Joe Gomez would be the alternative for Jürgen Klopp.
Buoyed by their Champions League qualification, Liverpool will start as favourites though as Klopp aims to continue his impressive record against the so-called big clubs.
Arsenal won the fewest points in matches against the group of teams also encompassing Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham and champions Chelsea, collecting nine overall and losing half of the 10 matches.
Back at Anfield previous year Firmino & Mane combined to tear open Arsenal for a 3-1 win.
Jurgen Klopp's men are on a three-match win streak (all competitions) and against an Arsenal side that seem to be all over the place, are heavy favourites.
Hoffenheim arrived at Anfield with three central defenders and had to change system with three-quarters of the game remaining and after three Liverpool goals.
Both teams have a vulnerable defence which will open up many scoring chances.
Thomas was the high scorer in matchweek 2, with two correct results and two correct scores, but his eight points still trailed Andrew's 11 from matchweek 1. Eyes will also be on new boy Mohamed Salah.
As mentioned above, Sanchez is doubtful due to an abdominal strain, but all signs indicate the Chilean star forward will be in the starting XI. It will be interesting to see the trio of Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Özil and Alexandre Lacazette for the first time in Arsenal colours.
- Verizon overhauls unlimited plan, intros video throttling
- Salesforce beats second-quarter expectations - but its stock sinks up to 3%
- Sacked dishwasher shot by police in US
- Yankees, Tigers in wild all-in Major League Baseball brawl as tempers reach boiling point
- Huge fight in Major League Baseball game between Detroit Tigers and New York Yankees
- Israel Relationship 'Stronger Than Ever,' Kushner Tells Netanyahu
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh convicted in rape case, sentencing on August 28
- Permit approved for controversial right-wing rally in San Francisco
- Meghan Trainor objects to image use for Australian anti-marriage equality ad
- Season 7, Episode 7 "The Dragon and the Wolf" preview images