The addition of the "Best Fight Against the System" category was added to the 2017 MTV VMAs to continue reflecting the audience's passion and activism around social justice issues such as environmental justice, immigration, LGBTQ equality and racial justice. Those without a TV can stream the awards show live on MTV's live TV site, which requires a cable login for access. The "Raise Your Glass" singer will also be performing during the event.
Where is it: The Forum in Inglewood, California.
Those with cable will be able to tune in to the action from 6:15 p.m. ET on MTV, as the network will kick things off with red carpet coverage. The rapper, whose album DAMN. has sold more than 1.77 million copies since its release in April, is nominated for the biggest awards of the night-Artist of the Year and Video of the Year-as well as six other awards, all for his "Humble" video.
The full list of 2017 MTV VMAs nominations can be found here.
We're not positive that the 27-year-old plans to attend the VMAs this weekend, but we do know for sure that we'll be getting at least some T.Swift action at the awards show. This century alone, the ceremony, which honors the best music videos of the year, has gifted us with several nuggets of pop-cultural infamy, such as Britney, Christina and Madonna's three-way kiss in 2003; Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke's twerk-heavy performance in 2013; and, most famously, Kanye West's 2009 interruption of Taylor Swift's acceptance speech. Meanwhile, Khalid and Julia Michaels go head-to-head for the Best New Artist Award.
Of course, Taylor dropped new music this week and made her triumphant return to the music scene, so it would make a whole lot of sense for her to be at the show after staying away from the spotlight for a while.
P!nk is the Vanguard recipient this year, and there's a good chance that her signature acrobatics will be on display to compete with Rihanna's four-performance Vanguard set last year. Host Katy Perry and The Weeknd have five nominations each.
- Lower Prices Part of Amazon's Plans for Whole Foods
- Man drives through vigil held for transgender woman after police killed her
- Premier League Preview: Red-hot Liverpool host stuttering Arsenal
- Israel Relationship 'Stronger Than Ever,' Kushner Tells Netanyahu
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (NYSE:FCAU) reported Sales of 131.96 Billion
- Mexico's peso weakens after Trump says he may kill NAFTA
- Religious conservative leaders defend Trump's response to Charlottesville violence
- FTC gives OK to Amazon-Whole Foods deal
- Brathwaite repels England to further lift West Indies
- Sacked dishwasher shot by police in US