As the pacer later said, "Initially it was a bit hard to read him from the hand but later on when I played him for a few balls I could read his variations from the hand". The visitors, whose assignation with experiments nearly blew up and it is coming from the front side.
Sharma and wicketkeeper MS Dhoni, who hit an unbeaten 67, shared an unbeaten fifth-wicket stand of 157 as India - who won the Test series 3-0 - chased down Sri Lanka's modest total. We knew if we played them out we would chase easily, Bhuvneshwar said at the post match press conference.
For hosts Chamara Kapugedara will be the stand-in skipper as Upul Tharanga was handed a two-match suspension for slow over-rate.
Dinesh Chandimal was struck on his right thumb by a bouncer from Hardik Pandya.
2014 - The last time before this match that an Indian fast bowler had picked up a five-wicket haul.
Indian skipper Kohli at nets ahead of third ODI.
For Sri Lanka, spinner Akila Dananjaya scalped two wickets while pacers Lasith Malinga and Vishwa Fernando took one wicket each.
Sri Lanka is having now the same position which once had by the Pakistan in the ICC Champions Trophy.
Sri Lankan off-spinner Akila Dananjaya stunned Virat Kohli's Indian team by claiming six wickets to leave the visitors tottering. The duo forged a 100-run partnership and finished the proceeding with more than two overs to spare. While the dot percentage hasn't come down dramatically after 25th overs, Sri Lanka have taken almost nine more deliveries per boundary when compared with the first 25 overs.
With chances of winning looking sleek, Bhuvneshwar then joined Dhoni in the middle and played sensibly.
He has gone wicket less in the ODIs so far which can trouble the batsmen on a few junctures. Also, in the bowling department, they had big changes with Yuzvendra Chahal and Axar Patel instead of R Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja.
The trio also stopped Sri Lanka, to collects run in the abundance number.
Kohli was relieved that his side managed to get across the finish line, and said: "Quite an exciting game of cricket, fans and players entertained".
- Trump Pardons Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Premier League Preview: Red-hot Liverpool host stuttering Arsenal
- Donald Trump's National Security Adviser Sebastian Gorka Resigns From White House
- Jaguars name Blake Bortles starting QB for regular season
- Snake slithers up Taylor Swift's throne in dark, glamorous music video
- Sacked dishwasher shot by police in US
- Brathwaite repels England to further lift West Indies
- We were not courageous enough, admits Palace boss De Boer
- Religious conservative leaders defend Trump's response to Charlottesville violence
- US Curbs Venezuela's Access to Debt, Toughening Sanctions