Oxlade-Chamberlain met with Wenger on Thursday and was offered the chance to more than double his wages to a package worth around £180,000 a week.
"I want to keep my best players - my only target is to keep everyone on board". According to The Telegraph, the likes of Kieran Gibbs, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shkodran Mustafi and Lucas Perez could be on their way out of the Emirates Stadium. Sky claim that Chelsea are ready to improve their offer of £30M, which was made earlier this month.
Arsenal are believed to be willing to cash in on Oxlade-Chamberlain after he reportedly turned down a new £180,000-a-week contract to stay in north London, and want to stash as much cash as possible for him instead of allowing the England worldwide to leave on a free next summer.
Despite the ongoing exit talk the 24-year-old has started both of the Gunners' Premier League fixtures this season, having also figured in a Community Shield victory over Chelsea.
Arsene Wenger, who is a fan of Oxlade-Chamberlain, hopes to tie down the player to a new deal.
In all likelihood, this is a bit of agenting shenanigans from the non-Chelsea side of things, though that doesn't mean we can completely discount or ignore the possibility of Liverpool messing things up for us.
Antonio Conte has admitted he wants Chelsea to have a strong core of English players as he chases the signing of Arsenal's Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. In the previous year, he has made huge progress and I want him to stay here for a long time.
- Sacked dishwasher shot by police in US
- J&K: Terror attack in Pulwama, 1 policeman dead, 3 CRPF men injured
- Nadal, Federer, Sharapova take spotlight at US Open
- Premier League Preview: Red-hot Liverpool host stuttering Arsenal
- Jaguars name Blake Bortles starting QB for regular season
- We were not courageous enough, admits Palace boss De Boer
- 'Texas Chain Saw Massacre' director Tobe Hooper dead at 74
- Season 7, Episode 7 "The Dragon and the Wolf" preview images
- Startling weight difference between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather confirmed
- Interior Recommends Trump on Shrinking Some National Monument Areas