And some onlookers believe that a reported bid by The Reds for Monaco's attacking midfielder, Thomas Lemar, could be a sign that there is still a chance to move the Brazilian to the Camp Nou despite numberous statements that he is not for sale.
Monaco will know huge money is already coming their way, with Mbappe expected to cost around 180 million euros (£166.8million), and they may be reluctant to lose yet another star player, after a talent drain from the Stade Louis II this summer.
Liverpool look set to be extremely busy in the remaining few days of the summer transfer window.
Lemar has attracted attention from Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool.
"I said I think before the game, if you talk to a player, they really often [mention it]. especially players we talk to".
"We are not afraid of big numbers at the club, we are not afraid to spend", Klopp previously told Goal about the club's objectives in the market.
Liverpool have already made four new signings this summer in Andrew Robertson, Mohamed Salah, Dominic Solanke and, most recently, Naby Keita from Bundesliga outfit RB Leipzig. Now they have offered £50 million (about Sh7 billion) plus Origi.
Liverpool meanwhile, have until Thursday, which is the final day of the European transfer window this year, to complete the transfers.
Carlo Ancelotti has "no problem" if the 20-year-old wants to depart the Allianz Arena in order to secure more game-time, but the Portugal worldwide has not been one of the candidates considered to enhance Klopp's options.
- Windies pull off magnificent win after Hope ton
- Nate Diaz Tells Brendan Schaub Off After Arguing About Mayweather - McGregor
- Looking for more assets after finding out Isaiah Thomas injury
- Sebastian Vettel signs new three-year Ferrari contract
- Iraqi TV Cameraman Killed by Militants While Covering Tal Afar Offensive
- All Blacks fight back to overhaul Australia at the death
- Apple to hold product launch event on September 12
- Netanyahu: Iran wants to use Syria to eradicate Israel
- Indian police issue shoot on sight order ahead of guru's sentencing
- Sharapova beats Halep on return from doping ban