"We're not talking to the North Koreans right now".
"It's real, and is an enormous and serious issue that directly involves the safety of people from both the north and south of the peninsula, as well as peace and stability of the entire region".
"We have also requested an emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council".
North Korea may not have gone through with their threat to attack Guam but it is reportedly still preparing its soldiers for war.
North Korea's missile programme presents an "unprecedented threat to global security", Theresa May said as she vowed to speed up the implementation of sanctions against Kim Jong Un's regime.
On the Korean Peninsula, Trump earlier this month threatened "fire and fury" against Pyongyang if it did not stop threatening the USA, which did not seem to deter North Korea from testing its missiles and threatening Guam.
Tuesday's test was of the same Hwasong-12 missile Kim had threatened to use on Guam, but the test flight took it in another direction, over northern Japan's Hokkaido and into the sea.
Officials say the USS John Paul Jones detected and tracked a medium-range ballistic missile that was launched from the Pacific Missile Range Facility. "All options are on the table", Trump said in a statement on Tuesday.
Can Pyongyang hit mainland U.S.?
"All parties should exercise restraint and work together to maintain peace and stability on the Peninsula", said Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying at a daily press briefing when commenting on the missile launch by the DPRK. After the missile had passed over Japan, another message asking the citizens to report anything suspicious was also communicated.
The latest of seven sanction-specific resolutions on North Korea was passed earlier this month and targeted some of the most profitable sectors of Pyongyang's economy.
That would tend to suggest that it was an intermediate-range ballistic missile, and that the breakup was indeed a problem. He said American officials are still assessing the launch and that North American Aerospace Defense Command "determined the missile launch did not pose a threat to North America".
- It's too soon to determine Hurricane Irma's impact on the United States
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Irma's winds weaken slightly, now a category 2 hurricane
- We have eradicated terrorism, its funders: Saudi Arabia
- Hurricane Irma Still Powerful, Path Still Unknown
- US, South Korean Presidents Agree to Revise Treaty on Ballistic Missiles
- Hurricane Irma strengthens to Category 3; Impact on United States unclear
- Hurricane Irma back as Category 3
- Hurricane Irma strenghtens back to Category 3