Renowned for his supremely confident nature, McGregor has appeared to stay that way in the wake of his 10th-round technical knockout defeat to the undefeated Mayweather in their mega fight in Las Vegas last weekend.
The super fight of the century earned over $700 million, but it also saved bookies a pretty penny too.Fights like these, emotion-fueled wars between fighters with a strong media narrative, garner the most attention, and therefore money.
McGregor entered the bout, as one of mixed martial arts fastest rising stars, becoming the Ultimate Fighting Championship's first ever double champion.
McGregor, the UFC's lightweight champion, has stated that he will now return to the UFC. With the historic fight now firmly in the record books, all eyes turn towards Canelo Álvarez, who is set to take on middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin in the sold-out superfight showdown in Las Vegas on September 17. In a recent interview with Sports Illustrated, former WWE champion Chris Jericho said that it is a "no-brainer" that McGregor will one day end up in the WWE in some capacity.
Schaub on how McGregor will not be able to fight under his older terms again: "Conor's changing the dynamics for everyone because now, when you want him to fight again, you can't have him agree to those old terms". But what did the best female boxers and UFC fighters in the world think of the matchup before the fight happened on 26 August and who did they place their money on at Bethut?
Although McGregor does not have the traditional physique of a wrestler, neither did Floyd Mayweather when he had a shockingly entertaining match with The Big Show at Wrestlemania in 2008.
He felt as though he let White and the UFC down. A moral victory would have been taking on an active boxer, a champion, and then fought him.
Additionally, belt-challenges have favored narratives, and glorified grudge matches over the claims of prepared contenders.
Amanda Nunes - UFC women's bantamweight champion Brazilian mixed martial artistAmanda Nunes is now the one to beat in the UFC women's bantamweight division.
This neglect strains on the rest of the UFC ranks.
Although the Mayweather - McGregor bout is now in the books, Malignaggi continues to field questions about the latter. Even though the opportunities to wager in a fight that he is in might not be coming anytime soon. The octagon is McGregor's, but together, they exceeded expectations and showed the resilience to fight. They are stuck, unable to advance in their rankings or financially.
- Hurricane Irma strengthens to Category 3; Impact on United States unclear
- Irma's winds weaken slightly, now a category 2 hurricane
- Keeping all options on table: White House on North Korea
- Harvey triggers gasoline-price surge just in time for Labor Day
- There Are 17000 South African Muslims Still Waiting To Attend Haj
- UN calls emergency meeting after N Korea fires missile over Japan
- Theresa May condemns North Korea missile launch in 'strongest terms possible'
- Russian Federation responds to latest Trump collusion controversy
- Amazon's Alexa and Microsoft's Cortana are teaming up
- North Korea: Talking is not the answer, says Trump