He said China is ready to strengthen coordination with South Africa and expand the partnership with more achievements in cooperation to pursue common development.
"China, as the chair and host of BRICS 2017, was being responsive to member states' calls", he said, adding that "in the declaration there were many other terrorist groups listed and condemned".
At a media briefing, India's Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar said that the two countries would move forward with mutual respect.
Earlier on Monday, China had also mentioned the meeting between the two leaders but didn't mention if the Doklam standoff will be discussed. This was not a backward-looking conversation, it was a forward-looking conversation.
"Peace and tranquility in border areas a pre-requisite for further development and to enhance mutual trust".
The 9th edition BRICS Summit opened up today in China's Xiamen city.
Pakistan has no safe haven for terrorists on its soil, he said, adding that 40 per cent of Afghanistan is a safe haven for terrorists. "Regardless of changes in the worldwide situation, China will unswervingly work with Africa for win-win cooperation and common development, and resolutely support peace and development in Africa", President Xi said.
"We look forward to seeing progress in the funding of infrastructure investment in energy, transport, water and other productive sectors, which now impedes our competitiveness in the broader global landscape", Zuma said.
Leaders attending the ninth BRICS Summit here have reached extensive consensus on the worldwide situation, global governance and cooperation among the five-emerging economies, Xi Jinping told the media at the end of the Summit.
The Chinese President said, "For the past couple of days we have had in-depth exchanges and broad consensus on the BRICS cooperation and on regional and global issues".
Jaish-e Mohammad, another anti-Indian group based in Pakistan, was blamed for a 2001 attack on parliament.
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Hurricane Irma Still Powerful, Path Still Unknown
- The intense storm "HURRICANE IRMA" is moving west
- Hurricane Irma strengthens to Category 3; Impact on United States unclear
- Top smartphones for gaming
- HURRICANE TRACKER: Hurricane Irma a Category 2 storm in the Atlantic
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Forecasters are keeping an eye on Hurricane Irma
- Caribbean watches as category four Hurricane Irma moves towards Lesser Antilles
- Thomas and Leishman share third-round lead at Boston