But Osweiler played poorly, got benched and didn't get along with coach Bill O'Brien, so the Texans traded him and a second-round draft pick to the Browns in March. Osweiler's new deal in Denver means that the Broncos will pay him $775,000 of that $16 million and the Browns will pay the rest, which comes out to roughly $15,225,000. That was the first thing I said to him when we talked yesterday.
Osweiler is not only a Bronco again, he has returned to his more familiar role as backup.
"Any hard feelings? No, and if you look back at all my interviews from the time that I signed with Houston and then traded up to Cleveland, I spoke volumes about this organization, I spoke volumes of this city".
Assuming you didn't donate them to a local thrift store, you might want to break out those Brock Osweiler jerseys.
It's not much of a discount, but it's better than nothing for a team that terminated Osweiler's contract on Saturday after the Browns opted to keep second-year pro Kevin Hogan over him. "We know, worst scenario, if something happens to Trev, we know we're confident in our backup quarterback now".
"We were going to go with a veteran quarterback and Brock made the most sense for us".
To what extent Osweiler will have the opportunity to earn playing time or compete for the starting job is unknown. "We're able to get it fixed".
Kessler started eight games last season, including one against the Steelers, and went 0-8.
"Being back here today, practicing as a Bronco, being here at Dove Valley, it's probably a top 5 if not 3 day of my life, " Osweiler said Monday following his first practice with the team since Super Bowl 50 week in February, 2016 in Santa Clara, Calif. With the Browns set to head into 2017 with rookie quarterback DeShone Kizer, Osweiler and his massive contract became expendable. Denver's front office is showing loyalty to their former draft pick, but Osweiler won't see the field barring a major disaster under center. We've seen him in this system before.
- Forecasters are keeping an eye on Hurricane Irma
- Hurricane Irma strenghtens back to Category 3
- Hurricane Irma strengthens to Category 3; Impact on United States unclear
- Hurricane Irma back as Category 3
- Hurricane Irma Could Strengthen To Category 5, Forecasted To Be "Extremely Dangerous"
- Irma's winds weaken slightly, now a category 2 hurricane
- Emotional Conor McGregor apologizes to UFC chief Dana White after Mayweather loss
- Marcus Rashford takes his chance as England come back to beat Slovakia
- There Are 17000 South African Muslims Still Waiting To Attend Haj
- Amazon's Alexa and Microsoft's Cortana are teaming up