Moses, and former Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel, were the best performers as the Super Eagles took a big step towards Russian Federation 2018.
They meet again in Yaounde on Monday, with Broos admitting there is nothing but pride at stake.
Cameroon's Belgian coach Hugo Broos admitted Nigeria deserved the win.
"The African Cup of Nations and Confederations Cup are over and all we are thinking about is [the game against Nigeria] and get the much-needed result".
"I am a good friend of the NFF President, Mr. Amaju Pinnick, and I am happy that I am here in time to see you guys before take-off for Yaounde", he was quoted to have said.
"But we have to defend our honour".
"Tactically, mentally - things did not go well for us", he said of a side that qualified for the last three World Cups and reached the 2010 quarter-finals.
"But we will now need to win our next three matches and expect Nigeria to lose their next three games to stand any chance". I do not think that is possible.
Iheanacho scored the fourth goal on Friday while Nwakaeme is waiting for his first cap.
Aka Udofia, a Nigerian businessman, has offered the Super Eagles $20,000 for each goal they score in Monday's second-leg qualifying cracker against Cameroon.
The Indomitable Lions took the game to Nigeria rather than sit back in their defence.
The second goal also came in on the 43rd minute when Mikel Obi was at the right time to connect a cross from Victor Moses on the right.
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Intra BRICS travel to India dominated by Chinese, Russians: Airbnb
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Huawei debuts new Kirin 970 chip with advanced AI processing
- Theresa May condemns North Korea missile launch in 'strongest terms possible'
- Lil Wayne Reportedly Hospitalized After Suffering Multiple Epileptic Seizures
- Petra Kvitova: Her Remarkable Recovery After Life-Changing Ordeal Continues
- Wayne Rooney, Arsenal, England and more discussed on Sunday Supplement podcast
- MPs to get update on latest round of Brexit talks