According to reports, Wayne was found unconscious in his hotel room in Chicago on Sunday, and suffered a second seizure after being rushed to the city's Northwestern Memorial Hospital. According to TMZ.com, Wayne had suffered at least one seizure and suffered another in the hospital.
Epilepsy is the fourth most common neurological disorder, explains the Epilepsy Foundation, which defines it as "a chronic disorder, the hallmark of which is recurrent, unprovoked seizures".
His condition now stabilized, Lil Wayne has no choice other than to rest.
He canceled his show in Vegas that was scheduled for Sunday. Sources close to the rapper also told TMZ that he is now resting at this time. "I've had a bunch of seizures, y'all just never hear about them", he said.
Wayne's health has been up and down over the past few years.
This is far from the first seizure that Lil Wayne has suffered, as he has had a consistent issue with them for years.
He had spent several days in hospital in 2013 and told a radio station that he is epileptic.
Wayne was set to play Drais nightclub last night alongside Rae Sremmurd and DJ Franzen. "That's just typical me though", he explain in an interview. In 2012 the star suffered seizures while on board, and his private plane was required to make an emergency landing.
The New Orleans-born rapper began his professional career aged nine, when he became the youngest artist to be signed by Cash Money Records.
- Hurricane Irma Still Powerful, Path Still Unknown
- Forecasters are keeping an eye on Hurricane Irma
- Caribbean watches as category four Hurricane Irma moves towards Lesser Antilles
- Hurricane Irma back as Category 3
- Brock Osweiler signs with Denver Broncos
- Emotional Conor McGregor apologizes to UFC chief Dana White after Mayweather loss
- The intense storm "HURRICANE IRMA" is moving west
- Hurricane Irma Packing 110 MPH Winds and Headed West Over Atlantic
- MPs to get update on latest round of Brexit talks
- What We Liked About Vols' Win And What We didn't Like