"She was polite. She asked whether my auto was parked outside the nightclub".
Former England football captain Wayne Rooney has reportedly been arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
However, Ms Simpson, who was first contacted by Mrs Rooney via Instagram, went on to say that when she offered her an apology, Coleen responded with: "You have nothing to say sorry for".
Simpson, a single mother, told the Mail Online: "Was I going to spend the night with him?"
"It's not every night you meet a famous footballer and it wasn't that I was star-struck, I just liked talking to him". Yes, perhaps, we hadn't really discussed it.
'We just wanted to be away from all those prying eyes'.
The 31-year-old had been partying with Simpson (29) at the Bubble Room cocktail bar in Alderley Edge, Cheshire.
The estate agency worker reportedly hooked up with ageing soccer star Rooney at the Bubble Room, a ritzy nightspot in the Alderley Edge area of Cheshire, where soccer players like to party when exhausted of kicking up their heels at home. I'm not a marriage wrecker.' said Simpson.
Rooney posed for selfies with fans at a host of bars and restaurants near his Prestbury home before attempting to drive home in a black vehicle owned by the 29-year-old office worker from Salford, Greater Manchester, just after 2am.
"Now I won't be playing, I'll be watching with the same interest as everyone else".
In a wide ranging interview, Rooney also spoke about the money young players are paid in modern football - and revealed and interesting technique used at Manchester United by his former manager, Sir Alex Ferguson.
He has been given police bail to appear before Stockport Magistrates Court later this month.
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Watching Hurricane Irma, disturbances brewing in the tropics
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Lil Wayne Reportedly Hospitalized After Suffering Multiple Epileptic Seizures
- Emotional Conor McGregor apologizes to UFC chief Dana White after Mayweather loss
- What We Liked About Vols' Win And What We didn't Like
- MPs to get update on latest round of Brexit talks
- No. 15 Georgia loses QB Jacob Eason to knee injury
- Intra BRICS travel to India dominated by Chinese, Russians: Airbnb
- Michigan's defense proves its point, smacks Florida in season-opening win