Previously we had learned some new information about Poe's alterations to his X-Wing fighter from Empire Magazine and now they're sharing a picture of Finn and Rose in the Canto Bight Casino. In both cases Lucasfilm cited "creative differences" as the reason for the split, and while everyone is playing nice publicly, reports of ongoing clashes between the directors and Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy abound.
Trevorrow's departure will be seen as a significant upheaval as he is considered hot property after scoring big with Universal's creature feature Jurassic World (2015), the fourth-highest grossing movie of all time.
It only took Lucasfilm, owned by Disney, a day to find their replacement - double Oscar victor Ron Howard.
American filmmaker Johnson is no stranger to action films; as well as the new Star Wars, he's also directed Looper, with Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, plus three episodes of hit U.S. TV show Breaking Bad. This isn't the first time Lucasfilm has parted ways with filmmakers (Josh Trank was removed from an unnamed Star Wars Story in the summer of 2015, while Gareth Edwards was sidelined during Rogue One: A Star Wars Story). The Last Jedi is 20 months away from release, but the Han Solo prequel was nearing the finishline when Lucasfilm pulled the trigger and replaced the duo with Ron Howard. The eighth chapter, The Last Jedi, directed by Rian Johnson, is scheduled for release by Disney on Dec 15.
Back in May 2015, Josh Trank was sacked from an untitled "Star Wars Story" film.
"Certainly, Lucasfilm will now be soberly reflecting on what they'll look for in a director in future" says Collin and after their experiences hiring and firing young up-and-coming talent it could be that they come to the conclusion "experienced, arguably boring safe pairs of hands are the best people to do it".
PATTY JENKINS - "Star Wars" has always been a franchise with strong female characters. J.J. Abrams didn't reveal much about Supreme Leader Snoke in The Force Awakens, and it seems director Rian Johnson isn't looking to elaborate any further either. At the point of no return, the two parties were eventually separated and, as often in this kind of conflict, it is the studio who had the last word. Still, don't expect him to step up to the Lucasfilm plate at the moment.
- Theresa May condemns North Korea missile launch in 'strongest terms possible'
- MPs to get update on latest round of Brexit talks
- The Walking Dead's John Carroll Lynch in American Horror Story: Cult
- UN calls emergency meeting after N Korea fires missile over Japan
- IPL media rights skyrocket; BCCI cashes in
- Bangladesh authorities increase security after Australia team bus incident
- Jonathan Hails Super Eagles, 'You have Done Much To Unify Nigeria'
- Emotional Conor McGregor apologizes to UFC chief Dana White after Mayweather loss
- Wayne Rooney, Arsenal, England and more discussed on Sunday Supplement podcast
- Nissan aims for pole position in electric cars with longer-range Leaf