"Your victory made all of us happy".
While the KFA is relieved, South Korean broadcasters are also welcoming the national team's World Cup appearance next year.
Harry Kane, who has NEVER scored a goal in August, is 2/1.
However, a goal from Sardar Azmoun just before halftime drew the sides level in Tehran, and Iran's goalscorer then got his second early in the second half to put the hosts in front.
If you bet £25 on any player to top the table at the end of the season, they'll give a £5 free bet for every game he scores in until October.
All eyes and ears will be on Tuesday night's game away to Iran, the government's ally in the six-year conflict but a barrier to Syria's target of making its World Cup finals debut next year in Russian Federation, another close war ally.
Fans, though, had mixed emotions after a hard qualifying campaign that included shock defeats against China and Qatar.
Syria, despite playing their home games in Malaysia because of the war, now occupy the play-off spot after a win and a draw against China, wins over Uzbekistan and Qatar, and draws with South Korea and Iran.
"I'm a man who likes to play an attacking football".
Ahmad al-Masalmeh, an activist based in the southern province of Daraa, said that he supports the team because "they are carrying the name of Syria".
"Since Marcello Lippi has been leading the team, the changes have been very big", said Chinese Football Association (CFA) president Cai Zhenhua, according to the People's Daily. "It's wrong to say that we should not back the national team because it represents the regime", he said. Stretching the retreating Iranian defense, Mardik Mardikian threaded a ball through to striker Omar Al Somah - and guess where he s from, Deir Ezzor.
In the Syrian capital on Monday, workers were setting up giant screens in at least three squares for public viewing, while businessmen will be offering food and drinks for those planning to watch. The Green Falcons, having missed out on the last two tournaments, will return to the world stage after a 1-0 win over already qualified Japan on Tuesday.
Syria will now play in a two-legged play-off against Australia next month.
South Korea responded with another goalless stalemate away to Uzbekistan on Tuesday.
- We have eradicated terrorism, its funders: Saudi Arabia
- Walter Becker From Steely Dan Passes Away At The Age Of 67
- Marcus Rashford takes his chance as England come back to beat Slovakia
- Destiny 2: Is the Crucible Not Working?
- HURRICANE TRACKER: Hurricane Irma a Category 2 storm in the Atlantic
- Intra BRICS travel to India dominated by Chinese, Russians: Airbnb
- Jonathan Hails Super Eagles, 'You have Done Much To Unify Nigeria'
- IPL media rights skyrocket; BCCI cashes in
- MPs to get update on latest round of Brexit talks
- Petra Kvitova: Her Remarkable Recovery After Life-Changing Ordeal Continues