Kohl's said it will dedicate 1,000-square-foot "zones" within its stores to Amazon products, including the Echo, Echo Dot, Fire TV and Fire tablets.
"We're focused on delivering convenience and value as we continue to invest in best-in-class interconnected experiences for our customers", said Online President and Chief Marketing Officer Kevin Hofmann. Many retailers fear competing with Amazon, so partnering with the company will give Kohl's investors reason to be optimistic.
David and Tom just revealed what they believe are the 10 best stocks for investors to buy right now. and Kohl's wasn't one of them!
Alexa can answer your questions, control your smart home devices, and even order you items off of Amazon. Kohl's is scheduled to release earnings figures on November 10. They will also showcase the use of these products for creating a smart home experience powered by the Alexa voice assistant. The broader department-store industry has struggled to maintain sales, and the specter of customers defecting to Amazon is seen as a major threat. Amazon benefits by having its devices in front of more people to touch and try them. Kohl's, Macy's and Dillard's all reported a drop in a key sales figure last month for their latest quarters.
Amazon's voice assistant Alexa is probably the coolest thing the company has ever created. Shares were above 5 percent early morning.
The Chicago-based carrier announced Tuesday that passengers can now check their flight status, review flight amenities and check themselves in using an Alexa-enabled device.
- Petra Kvitova: Her Remarkable Recovery After Life-Changing Ordeal Continues
- Nissan aims for pole position in electric cars with longer-range Leaf
- Destiny 2: Is the Crucible Not Working?
- Food firms' 'alarm' at leaked 'plans' to curb migrants
- Google partners with Xiaomi to revive Android One
- Huawei debuts new Kirin 970 chip with advanced AI processing
- Marvel, Star Wars Films Will Be Exclusive to Disney's Streaming Service
- The Walking Dead's John Carroll Lynch in American Horror Story: Cult
- Amazon Begins Quest For Second North American Headquarters
- Hurricane Katia strengthens off Mexico