Jaguar Land Rover has joined an increasing list of vehicle companies to confirm that all new products launched after 2020 will feature some form of electrification. "By 2020 the company will offer customers the option of electrification on all its new auto lines (and half of its vehicle line-up)".
The first of the new lineup of electrified vehicles will be the Jaguar I-Pace, set to go on sale in 2018. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.
Jaguar has revealed an electrified version of the classic E-Type. The banner for this would-be enterprise is to 'future-proof classic auto ownership, ' allowing those who already own an antique automobile to continue driving it in an EV future where, theoretically, gasoline is no longer easily attainable.
Roughly the same size and weight as the original E-type's combustion engine, the battery pack that powers the E-type Zero concept is positioned in the same place. Hybrid vehicles help reduce fuel burn because they can be driven short distances, or benefit from enhanced performance, with the help of electric motors.
Its first all-electric auto, the Jaguar I-Pace compact SUV, will go on sale next year.
Jaguar Land Rover chief executive Dr Ralf Speth said that from 2020 all new Jaguar Land Rover vehicles would use electrically assisted drivetrains.
Jaguar Land Rover commits to all vehicles being electric or hybrid from 2020
"Future-Type offers an insight into the potential for driving and auto ownership in the future", Jaguar design boss Ian Callum said in a statement. That's either fully electric, plug-in hybrid or "mild" hybrid.
Jaguar also unveiled an electric version of the classic Jaguar E-type concept vehicle, known as the E-type Zero.
Authorities in France and the United Kingdom outlined plans in July to ban the sale of diesel and gasoline cars by 2040 as a means to reduce air pollution and Carbon dioxide emissions.
"Today's announcement also, however, serves as a reminder that Britain, as a country, seriously needs to start preparing for the electric future". The car's electric powertrain, which develops 220kW, was specially designed for the E-type Zero. Once picked up, the passengers can just sit back and relax while the auto takes them to their destination.
Remember 'Sayer', your trusty steering wheel companion from the future, able to attach to a semi-autonomous vehicle to take you places?
- MPs to get update on latest round of Brexit talks
- Kvitová out of US Open after defeat to Venus Williams
- Colin Trevorrow no longer directing 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
- Smriti Irani demands speedy probe into journalist Gauri Lankesh's killing
- Food firms' 'alarm' at leaked 'plans' to curb migrants
- Bangladesh authorities increase security after Australia team bus incident
- Walter Becker From Steely Dan Passes Away At The Age Of 67
- Wayne Rooney, Arsenal, England and more discussed on Sunday Supplement podcast
- Xiaomi Mi MIX 2's Alleged Wallpapers Leak, Download Them Now
- Lil Wayne Reportedly Hospitalized After Suffering Multiple Epileptic Seizures