In the last week, gas prices in the state have risen 23.7 cents for an average state price of $2.90 per gallon, as of 10 a.m. Thursday.
The year-over-year price of gasoline in New Jersey has also been impacted by the implementation of a gasoline tax increase in the state which went into effect last fall.
Every state in the country has seen gas prices increase except four - Alaska, Idaho, Hawaii and Utah - where prices remain stable.
DeHaan said many refineries were back online or in the process of returning to operation, with gasoline production beginning to ramp up. "With the Colonial Pipeline having shut down last week due to a lack of products, Florida and the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic may be a touch-and-go area for gasoline".
Similar to Harvey, there wouldn't be a gasoline shortage in the US, but there could be an issue with getting gas supplies to impacted regions - especially if Irma causes power outages and makes streets and roads impassable.
Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi said on Thursday her office had received 45 complaints of inflated prices at Chevron Corp branded gasoline stations in the southern part of the state, as shortages worsened ahead of Hurricane Irma's expected us landfall this weekend. With the uncertainty over Irma's path, there has been a rush on gas pumps statewide, as opposed to a specific area. In the Philadelphia 5 county area, gas is up 40 cents a gallon. Prices spiked near $2.70 per gallon over Labor Day weekend. The hurricanes shut down oil production in the Gulf of Mexico, causing the spike in prices. About GasBuddy GasBuddy is the technology company changing the way more than 70 million consumers find, purchase, and save money on gasoline. Gas lines started Monday and here it is Thursday. While prices may tiptoe higher in some states for several more days at least, the national average is likely to peak later this week. "Everyone in the US supply chain has been affected by the price increase and the worry about supply". They are calculated daily from credit card purchases and compiled by the Oil Price Information Service and Wex Inc., formerly known as Wright Express.
Hurricane Irma is barreling toward the Caribbean and expected to reach Florida by the weekend bearing sustained winds of more than 110 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service.
- Petra Kvitova: Her Remarkable Recovery After Life-Changing Ordeal Continues
- Assist for Bale: Helping Convince Ben Woodburn to Represent Wales Over England
- Food firms' 'alarm' at leaked 'plans' to curb migrants
- The Walking Dead's John Carroll Lynch in American Horror Story: Cult
- USA wants full implementation of Kofi Annan recommendations to address Rohingya issue
- Colin Trevorrow no longer directing 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
- Kvitová out of US Open after defeat to Venus Williams
- Hurricane Katia strengthens off Mexico
- Smriti Irani demands speedy probe into journalist Gauri Lankesh's killing
- Cleveland Browns DE Myles Garrett Out Multiple Weeks With High Ankle Sprain