While the Giants will wait and see if the star receiver is cleared for Sunday's Week 1 game, New York's offense is still loaded with weapons even if No. 13 can't suit up. That way, if Beckham doesn't play, you aren't locked into only replacing him with a wide receiver. If Beckham is close to fully healthy, he instantly transforms the Giants offense into one of the league's most unsafe attacks. In the first half of that game, Elliott had 15 carries for 86 yards, good for a massive 5.7 yards per carry, but in the second half, he carried only nine more times for 21 yards.
Although the New York's defense will likely give Prescott and the Cowboys' offense some trouble in Week 1, potentially not having Beckham on the field changes the dynamic of this game.
The final injury report has arrived for the season opener between the Cowboys and Giants.
Since missing the first four games of his rookie season with a hamstring injury, Beckham has missed just one other game, after being suspended for his infamous altercation with Josh Norman in December 2015.
Beckham hasn't practiced since spraining his left ankle in a preseason game against Cleveland on August 21, and that included all the preparations during game week.
Eli Manning, a longtime competitor for the title of best quarterback in the division, will have to fend off a challenge from a second-year competitor.
I have made a big deal all week about the New York Giants and their defense.
Giants are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games on fieldturf.
"I'm pretty sure he's going to play", Bryant told the New York Post Friday "He's the heart and soul of that squad".
While the defense allowed nearly 10 points less than it did in 2015, the offense went the other way and dropped a touchdown in points per game. If he can limit mistakes once again, relying on short passes and the availability of Odell Beckham Jr., the Giants still have a chance. Add in home-field advantage for the Cowboys and it's easy to see a silly Manning mistake down the stretch handing Dallas an important early-season victory.
- Israel Attacks Alleged Chemical Weapons in Syria
- Bipartisan Senate Bill Doubles Hurricane Recovery Funding
- USA wants full implementation of Kofi Annan recommendations to address Rohingya issue
- 'It' Beats 'Deadpool' To Become The Biggest R-Rated Movie Opening Ever
- Amazon to Open Small Stores Inside Kohl's
- American women dominate the 2017 US Open
- Destiny 2's Armour Shaders Are Single Use Items
- United States and South Korea deploy 4 more Thaad launchers amid Pyongyang threats
- And now the names of Apple's new iPhones look to have leaked…
- Delta Flight Takes Off from Puerto Rico Airport During Hurricane Irma