The Dutch boss is heading into a crucial fixture against Burnley - with his job on the line already. Hodgson also has previous global experience - from his near 40 years in management - with Finland, the U.A.E and with Switzerland, as well as taking charge of high-profile club sides Internazionale, Udinese and Malmo.
De Boer said in a post on social media: "Very disappointed about the decision but nevertheless I want to thank the players, staff and the fans for their support".
"Four games in - it may well be the worst start, but so what. He regretted that, and that's why you have to stick to your own philosophy".
"As a manager, you always have more pressure".
"I can not do anything more and we have to reward ourselves with the chances; normally if you get 10 chances and four or five open ones, then you have to score and if you don't you'll get punished".
Crystal Palace fired de Boer just four games into the 2017-2018 EPL season.
Sunday's 1-0 defeat at Burnley where Palace wasted several good chances, left them joint bottom of the table having failed to register a goal. We can't just keep on spending and spending.
'I think this is the starting point because usually if you create that many chances you will get what you deserve'.
"I am sorry for him, it is normal when you start to work you try to ask for a bit of time for your work", Conte said. It's flattering in a way, but it is probably part of the reality of the business, I've stayed in a job long enough for people to say "they must be doing something right". "That's a process, and it takes time". Continue what you believe in.
- Trump Considers Scrapping South Korean Trade Agreement
- Ready to accelerate Brexit talks, says European Union chief negotiator Barnier
- Chelsea Players Share Changing Room Selfies After Beating Leicester
- Manchester United and Manchester City voted against transfer window changes
- Trump gets briefed on Hurricane Irma
- American women dominate the 2017 US Open
- Storm power boosted by warming
- Hillary Says She's 'Done With Being a Candidate'
- Frank de Boer's misery deepens after Palace's fourth straight defeat
- Norwegian Lets Cruisers Hop Off in Miami or Outrun Irma on Board