In a tearful moment onstage, a clip recorded by a fan showed Janet breaking down presumably in the middle of singing the 1997 single from her critically-acclaimed opus, The Velvet Rope. Jackson, who is in the midst of a divorce from estranged husband Wissam Al Mana, father of her newborn son, Eissa, struggled to get through the lyrics to the defiant tune.
"You know I came to snatch a couple of wigs!" she exclaimed at the beginning of the concert, which later prompted pal Missy Elliott to confirm that skill on Twitter. /What about the times you hit my face?
"Hey, you guys, it's me, Jan - just in case you don't recognize me, 'cause I have put on quite a few since I had the baby", she said in a video.
Janet Jackson had an emotional moment on stage this week. It's clear a new wave of inspiration hit the singer as the dance numbers, flawless looks and new confidence breathed new life into her Thursday show. "My husband and I are planning our family, so I'm going to have to delay the tour". Her pregnancy previously forced her to halt her beleaguered 2016 trek, which was formerly named the Unbreakable World Tour. The proceeds from her Saturday night performance will also be donated to charity, according to a news release.
On Wednesday, the star declared that she would be performing in Houston in spite of the destruction left in the territory by Hurricane Harvey. "She seemed very touched seeing all these people sleeping on cots and her dancers were also very moved".
- Hurricanes Are Sweeping The Atlantic. What's The Role Of Climate Change?
- United States and South Korea deploy 4 more Thaad launchers amid Pyongyang threats
- Anderson evergreen as England clinches series vs. Windies
- USA wants full implementation of Kofi Annan recommendations to address Rohingya issue
- How to Profit 75% from Natural Gas Prices Today
- Cleveland Browns DE Myles Garrett Out Multiple Weeks With High Ankle Sprain
- American women dominate the 2017 US Open
- And now the names of Apple's new iPhones look to have leaked…
- Dallas Cowboys rumors: Experts say Cowboys won't even win NFC East
- Manchester United and Manchester City voted against transfer window changes