The Giants ruled Beckham out for the regular season opener, placing their star wide receiver on the inactive list following a 30-minute workout session during which he tested out his sprained left ankle. Just convert on some third downs, get into a rhythm early, so that'll be the key.
The alarming nature of Beckham's timeline of course elicited follow-up questions.
"I think there is more urgency to go out there and do what we got to do", he said when asked about the mood of the offense after watching the game film. It could be four to 12 weeks. I wanna get out there that bad'. So you can't really take it personally.
If Beckham is still unable to suit up in Week 2, wide receivers Brandon Marshall, Sterling Shepard and Roger Lewis, tight end Evan Engram and running back Shane Vereen will once again be Manning's top options in the passing game. "I don't have that luxury right now", Beckham said. That said, dancing on stage and being able to make sharp cuts on a football field are vastly different in terms of stress they put on an injury, but the optimistic view is to say that he's hopefully close to returning to the field.
"I'm going to be real with you: I have no clue what happened", Harris said of his heroics.
Beckham actually took two steps in his recovery. And that's one game.
"Yeah. In the first game, we didn't do well. You've got 15 more to prove yourself". It's easy for the Giants' front seven to not have their hands too full with the Lions' offensive line, and it's more than likely that they won't.
This is seven straight games, dating back to last season, when the Giants couldn't crack 20 points. Fewer than 15, it sounds like, unless something drastic changes in the next three days.
As for other injuries, starting right tackle Bobby Hart did not participate in practice.
This is the first time for Bradford serving in that role on the field since 2013 with St. Louis, though, thanks to an injury and two trades. And give the coach credit for not looking for the easy way out, also saying, "We have plenty of players who can make plays on the offense outside of Odell". Bromley played in Week 1; King was inactive.
- Kohli better in ODIs: Clarke
- Kerala Catholic priest rescued from Yemen
- Celebs join hands to raise funds for hurricane victims
- Hurricane-force winds expected across Tampa Bay; warnings in effect
- Violence against Rohingyas in Myanmar 'seems like ethnic cleansing'
- Best bets for GGG-Canelo fight
- New Miss America chides Trump for withdrawing from worldwide climate accord
- Harvey One of the Most Costliest Hurricanes in US History
- Xiaomi Launched Mi NoteBook Pro In China
- As the Champions League returns, here are some storylines to follow