"But I've talked to lots of people who said, 'Politically, my state is going in one direction, but I'm extraordinarily concerned about what it would do to my state and its people in the long term'". But many Minnesota health officials counter that it endangers care of seniors and people with disabilities, and would lead to even more costly premiums in the individual market.
"But for the Senators who have yet to make up their mind on Graham-Cassidy, you still have the opportunity to prove that the well-being of tens of millions of Americans matters to you". Many in the health care community - doctors, hospitals and policy experts - say it's more a question of how many people will lose their insurance. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Ron Johnson (R-MN), and Dean Heller (R-NV) had crafted with the help of former Sen.
"I am sorry he does not understand", the senator said on CNN. "As it stands right now, we don't have enough information on the Graham-Cassidy bill because it's still evolving and the language of the bill is still in flux", she said, noting the IL impact could change.
GRAHAM-CASSIDY HEALTHCARE BILL - The latest effort to repeal and replace The Affordable Care Act, commonly known as "Obama-Care" is a bill crafted by Louisiana Senator Bill Cassidy and South Carolina Senator Lindsay Graham, both republicans. On Oct. 1, the start of a new fiscal year, the threshold reverts to 60 votes - an impossible hurdle since there are 52 Republicans and the Democratic caucus is solidly opposed to GOP healthcare plans.
Republicans need at least 50 votes to pass the measure under the process of reconciliation.
"For instance, a 60-year old Alaskan earning $25,000 could pay as much as $31,790 more to keep her current coverage", the report stated.
Cassidy said that isn't true and that there will be resources available to provide coverage and that they have included protections for pre-existing conditions. "I wouldn't take advice from Charlie Sheen, either". I think they would cut Medicaid substantially over time. I know they are acting consistently with their beliefs and sense of what is best for the country.
- Ryanair Pilots Could Cause Even More Disruption at the Airline
- Apple's Worthy iPhone 8 Models May Languish in X's Shadow
- Futures flat as investors focus on Fed meeting
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- As Trump Expresses Hope for Peace, PA Considers Unity Agreement with Hamas
- Logan County Health Department offers flu vaccine
- Iran's foreign minister slams Trump over United Nations speech, and gets immediate backlash
- Chinese-Russian naval drills begin off North Korea
- Tesla making own chip for its autonomous cars