She did not name any country but the reference was clearly to Pakistan. He accused India of State-sponsored terrorism, and of violating human rights.
That remark was met with scattered laughter. More than a third of his address was about India. Pakistan in return made LeT, Hizbul and other terror organisations.
# India-Pakistan got freedom at the same time but today, India is known as a superpower in Information Technology while Pakistan is known for terrorism.
After the meeting, Ivanka took to Twitter and said that she has always respected Swaraj, adding that the EAM was charismatic and accomplished.
And then she laid out India's case and United Nations reforms in a firm voice. "We are completely engaged in fighting poverty; alas our neighbour Pakistan seems only engaged in fighting us", Ms Swaraj said in a hard-hitting speech that took swipes at Islamabad for exporting terror that kills hundreds of people.
"The poor are not helpless: we have merely denied them opportunity". "The impossible has been made possible in India". We all in bilateral and multilateral discussions condemn this evil, and piously resolve to fight it in all our declaratory statements.
"We produced scholars, doctors, engineers". What have you (Pakistan) produced?
Apart from attacking Pakistan, the Indian external affairs minister highlighted several schemes like Jan Dhan Yojana, Mudra Yojana, Ujjwala Yojana that the present central government has brought into force since coming to power in 2014 for the benefit of the poor people.
She said that demonetisation was a courageous decision of her government since it challenged black money, one of the by-products of corruption. "Pakistan's Prime Minister must answer why his nation spurned this offer", she said. The India-Brazil-South Africa (IBSA) group's ministerial meeting, which was presided over by Sushma Swaraj, "called for a comprehensive and determined global action", including "the early conclusion and adoption of the CCIT to address the menace".
She also spoke on reforms at the UN Security Council.
Swaraj said India stood with Mexico in this hard time.
- Myanmar Protesters Try to Block Aid Shipment to Rohingya Muslims
- 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Spoilers: Is There an End Credits Scene?
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Kim Jong Un blasts Trump in scathing letter, calls him a 'dotard'
- Ryanair Pilots Could Cause Even More Disruption at the Airline
- Tesla making own chip for its autonomous cars
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Spanish police arrest Catalan official in referendum row
- Protest shuts down Pelosi's DREAM Act news conference in San Francisco
- Top smartphones for gaming