He said: 'It's certainly harder for younger players breaking through now like I did.
The Arsenal boss has already suggested in recent weeks that UEFA's Financial Fair Play regulations should be overhauled, as he thinks they are too easy to bypass.
That is where Alexis Sanchez now finds himself.
Faced with losing star players through poor contract management next summer, Arsenal are set to begin talks with Aaron Ramsey and Danny Welbeck over extending their stays at the Emirates, according to Guardian sport.
Sanchez was handed a start in the 1-0 Carabao Cup win over Doncaster last night and played the full 90 minutes.
"They have a culture of the Premier League after being there for a long time". We're speaking about some of the best players in the league. It's still going to be tough, but for a manager to tell me that four to five years ago is a good compliment, which was nice to hear.
A year ago it was the Blues under their new manager Antonio Conte who were struggling and they slipped to a three goal deficit by halftime against a rampant Arsenal.
'I'm sitting there laughing at him, but he was deadly serious, and I still laughed.
In between he was merely a second-half substitute in the club's biggest game of the week, the goalless draw at champions Chelsea in the top flight on Sunday. The injury plus the rest was a bit long.
Wenger also hailed West Brom midfielder Gareth Barry's "outstanding achievement" of being on the verge of breaking the Premier League's appearance record - and revelaed he wanted to sign the player when he left Aston Villa for Manchester City in 2009. That is a large reason as to why Chelsea, who had no European commitments, were so relentlessly dominant last season.
'There must be a lot more to come from him because he has more personality in the game now.
- Logan County Health Department offers flu vaccine
- North Korea Leader Threatens US With 'Highest Level' Response
- Stoke City 0 Chelsea 4: Magic Morata hits hat-trick
- Veep: Julia Louis-Dreyfus Makes History at Emmys
- 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Spoilers: Is There an End Credits Scene?
- Trump calls North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un a 'mad man'
- Russian Federation wants Trump and Kim Jong Un to calm down
- Gaga: Five Foot Two is entertaining but manipulative
- China Moves To Limit Fuel, Textile Trade With North Korea
- Spanish police arrest Catalan official in referendum row