In an unexpected move, Google has removed YouTube access from Amazon Echo Show. Amazon says Echo Connect will cost $35 and will be available from fourth quarter. It was "disappointing", Amazon said, arguing that it hurts both companies' customers.
Not reaching an agreement is not new for both companies, and the issue has been lingering for quite some time. The display on the Echo Show also allows users to watch videos online and even use it as a monitor to view their home security cameras.
Amazon Music now comes with Alexa built-into it, which means searching for a song can be initiated just by voice commands. According to a statement to The Verge, Google said, " We've been in negotiations with Amazon for a long time, working towards an agreement that provides great experiences for customers on both platforms. Google has blocked its video broadcasting platform from the device, saying it violated the terms of service.
It makes more sense when one considers past evidence: Google has a history of being very meticulous about how YouTube is displayed on other devices.
Is Google punishing Amazon for creating a real challenger to Google Assistant? If not, Amazon will suffer a major blow to the video functionality of the Echo Show.
Other additions to the Alexa-powered range of products may also be revealed at the event on Wednesday - including United Kingdom release dates for the Echo Look, a camera-based, fashion-centric version of the Echo and the Echo Show, which features a screen to show visual content. The good thing about Google Home is that it supports third-party services like Spotify too. It was clearly not a technical glitch because Alexa told users that Google was now not supporting the feature.
The Echo Show debuted back in June as Amazon's first voice-powered assistants to come with a small touchscreen.
- BHU violence: UP CM Yogi Adityanath orders inquiry
- It's 2017 and Saudi Arabia Will Finally Allow Women to Drive
- Kushner used private email to conduct White House business
- Uber considers concessions to save London licence
- Aaron Judge Breaks MLB Rookie Record With 50th Home Run
- Decision due from USA on Bombardier trade dispute
- Enyimba dismiss link with WAFU Cup winning Ghanaian coach
- Oil Prices Hit 2 Year High
- Mauricio Pochettino Praises Derby Hero Harry Kane
- Caitlyn Jenner Just Confirmed That Kylie Jenner Is Pregnant