It's all in honor of breast cancer awareness month, which gets underway early next week.
Breast self-exams dont take the place of having a mammogram, which can detect problems before symptoms occur. The meal is open to everyone.
Komen, the world's leading breast cancer organization, said Tuesday it has given $1.7 million in grants to four Maryland researchers to study treatments for the most aggressive forms of breast cancer. Attendees will be offered the opportunity to plant flags in recognition of the almost 600 women and men who will be diagnosed with breast cancer annually in Vermont.
The CEOS are also hosting a Walk for Women on October 21 at Point Pleasant Riverfront Park. Individuals are encouraged to pick up their shirts at special tables at Safeway on Saturday, Oct. 14, between 9 and 11 a.m.
Julia said Blenheim's Paper Plus would stocking her book, and any money raised from sales would go towards raising cancer awareness.
The High Country Breast Cancer Foundation is a local organization that was started by Irene Sawyer.
The American Cancer Society also offers an abundant source of breast cancer information videos on its YouTube channel. "We don't keep any of it".
Some breast cancers are preventable, like those caused by the BRCA gene. RSVP for the Pink Luncheon by calling the extension office at 304-675-0888.
October is the 32nd anniversary of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
"Early detection is crucial to fighting breast cancer, yet our survey found that women don't know their risks or what signs to look for", said Sheri McCoy, chief executive of Avon. It's a bad idea to put off exams because of non-familial breast cancer. There's a reason this event has been recognized by CNN Travel as one of the "Seven Marathons Worth the Trip" and "Favorite Charity Race" from the readers of Women's Running Magazine.
Mason County CEOS Members made a proclamation at the County Commissioners meeting last Thursday.
The township urges all women and their families "to increase their knowledge about breast cancer and join us to celebrate successes and memorialize lost battles".
- Thousands Flee Bali's Mount Agung After Volcano Threat Level Is Raised
- Decision due from USA on Bombardier trade dispute
- NFL players should not protest during the national anthem: Fmr. Patriots owner
- Tax reform specifics expected to be announced at Trump's Indy visit
- Republicans admit latest Trumpcare proposal is dead
- OFFICIAL Arsenal XI for BATE
- In Disastrous Megyn Kelly Interview, Jane Fonda's Face Says It All
- Steve Scalise Makes Emotional Return to Congress After June Shooting
- Rockstar Games Drops New Trailer For "Red Dead Redemption 2"
- Tiger Woods hopes to return to competitive golf, says future is uncertain